• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Early Package Submission

Justin Dowd

HeloGuy87
Does anybody know if you are able to submit during the same month as your degree completion if the degree is not conferred yet? For example, I finish classes on Dec 18, 2016 and the packages are due for the Jan board Dec 19th. However, my degree will not be conferred until Dec 31. Am I able to submit with a completion letter and submit my degree and conferred transcripts after? Thanks for the help!

sbl

You can submit your package before graduation/ degree conferral. If I recall correctly 6 months before degree conferral. I submitted mine a month before I got my degree.

gsalg

Pretty sure its a year, also depends on recruiter. I submitted late April and I got PRO Y in August, I graduate in December. Just got out of class 5 minutes ago!

Justin Dowd

HeloGuy87
From what I got passed down the degree must be on hand. Best bet is to ask your CCC and go through the instruction together.
I am the CCC lol... I know the instruction front and back, it was like my bible when I was going through the STA-21 Gauntlet... but I heard that people where submitting early with no conferral and getting ProRec'd so I was curious if AD could as well.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I am the CCC lol... I know the instruction front and back, it was like my bible when I was going through the STA-21 Gauntlet... but I heard that people where submitting early with no conferral and getting ProRec'd so I was curious if AD could as well.

Best bet would be to contact the NRC fleet processor for clarification.

I've seen or helped a few fleet applications but they all had degrees on hand.

Does anybody know if you are able to submit during the same month as your degree completion if the degree is not conferred yet? For example, I finish classes on Dec 18, 2016 and the packages are due for the Jan board Dec 19th. However, my degree will not be conferred until Dec 31. Am I able to submit with a completion letter and submit my degree and conferred transcripts after? Thanks for the help!

I am in the same situation. From the NRC processor i spoke with, he stated that as long as your transcripts say graduate and have a graduation date then you are good to go.

Justin Dowd

HeloGuy87
I am in the same situation. From the NRC processor i spoke with, he stated that as long as your transcripts say graduate and have a graduation date then you are good to go.
It looks like you and I may be applying together and maybe going into the same board! Let me know what you find out about the degree submission for the Dec-Jan Board. Here are my stats just for the fun of it:
AWR2(NAC/AW/IUSS)
Applying for NFO
TIS: 11 years
Degree: BS in Management
GPA: 3.65
ASTB: 51 6/7/6
Awards: 1 x NCM, 3 x NAM, 2x FLOC, 1 COMSUBPAC JSOY (2015)
Collateral Duties: Command Career Counselor (9588 NEC earned), Command Sponsor Coordinator, Command Indoc Coordinator, ESO, Volunteer Coordinator (over 200 hours volunteered)
Evals (recent first): #1 of 22 EP, #1 of 29 EP, #2 of 23 EP , #3 of 19 MP
Prior STA-21 applications (2015)
Letters of Rec: 1x o6 (COS of Naval War college), 2 x O5 (Prior CO's)

Good luck Ill let you know what Found out about the Degree submission (early)

It looks like you and I may be applying together and maybe going into the same board! Let me know what you find out about the degree submission for the Dec-Jan Board. Here are my stats just for the fun of it:
AWR2(NAC/AW/IUSS)
Applying for NFO
Collateral Duties: Command Career Counselor (9588 NEC earned), Command Sponsor Coordinator, Command Indoc Coordinator, ESO, Volunteer Coordinator (over 200 hours volunteered)

Good luck man, looks like are packages are crazy similar. The last news I received was that the OCT board got pushed to November. If you read through the Pilot and NFO OCT board thread the officer recruiters on there talked about it. That might mean that the Jan board you are talking about might be pushed as well.

Safashton

AWR2(NAC/AW/IUSS)
Applying for NFO

Justin, I'm just starting to get my package around, but having trouble finding how to do the age waiver, the 1420.1b as far as I can tell doesn't tell how to do it, but just to submit one. You have any additional info you can spare?

-Josh

Pbeng

Good luck man, looks like are packages are crazy similar. The last news I received was that the OCT board got pushed to November. If you read through the Pilot and NFO OCT board thread the officer recruiters on there talked about it. That might mean that the Jan board you are talking about might be pushed as well.
Andrew,

I believe we are at the same location. E-mail me when you get the chance because no one at the command seems to have a clear answer. Thanks.

-Peter

Justin Dowd

HeloGuy87
Hey guys,
The age waiver was the easiest part of the package. All you have to do is go to your CCC or you can do it yourself. Fill out a 1306/7 (which you can get from google) and in the remarks put "respectfully request an age waiver for Officer Candidate School to be commissioned no later than (your 31st birthday for NFO, 29th birthdate for pilot)" then route to your CO for approval. After he approves it, scan it and email it to the aviation officer community manager at PERS (the PERS code is on the NAVPERSCOM website or navy.mil. In about 9 -14 days you will get an email with an attachment which is the age waiver. If you have any questions email me directly and I can help you do it. I am a Command Career Counselor as well. best of luck.