• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Earliest ASTB can be taken

xcrunner09

I'm new on here but I've been looking around a lot.
I start at the Jr. college in august and i am going to apply for the 2yr ROTC scholarship as soon as possible. I may have missed it but I have looked for an answer to my question but I haven't seen it already posted so here it is.

Can I go and take the ASTB as early as next year if I want to or do I have to wait til a certain point in my package process?

Jonathan

Vegas

AH-1Z
pilot
I'm new on here but I've been looking around a lot.
I start at the Jr. college in august and i am going to apply for the 2yr ROTC scholarship as soon as possible. I may have missed it but I have looked for an answer to my question but I haven't seen it already posted so here it is.

Can I go and take the ASTB as early as next year if I want to or do I have to wait til a certain point in my package process?

Jonathan

Anyone in college can take the ASTB. At least for Marine Corps, as for NROTC guys im not sure. I took it my freshman year before I contracted even. Hope that helps.

xcrunner09

Thanks. It does help. I am planning on going Marines. I just wanted to know if I could have try and get my flight guarantee before I went to ROTC.

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
You can take it when ever you like, just know you can only take it 3 times and your most recent, not highest, score is kept on your record. I thought most ROTC guys took it late Junior year or early Senior year. Talk with your contact at the ROTC unit, he should know. Do you feel ready to take it? Because you shouldn't take it until you can answer that question with a response of 'yes'

How hard is it to get picked up for a 2 year scholarship? Have you thought about BDCP?

xcrunner09

well im graduating highschool in a few weeks and what alot of guys have said is that its highschool math and they had to go back and review. So I was going to do it soon after graduating and after studying, so the math is fresh in my mind because it is not a strength of mine.

and im not totally sure on what it is like. But if I dont get it i'll try plc or one of the other programs. I need to read more about BDCP I dont know much about that.