• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Earbuds for Running

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
I'm looking for a good set of earbuds that won't fall out. I definitely need something that goes in my ear canal (like CEPs) and will stay put. Any suggestions?

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Do they have to be corded, or would bluetooth work? I use the motorola ROKR S9. They work wonderfully for running. I sweat up a storm though, and sometimes that can be annoying. However, I've found that to be true of most earbuds that are designed to 'stay put.'

http://direct.motorola.com/Hellomoto/S9/

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
Bam.
No fuss, no muss. Seven bucks. If I have them in for a while sometimes they hurt, but then I just pull them out and they still stay in place with the over-the-ear thing. I went through a lot of earphones before getting these and the expensive ones with the crap like "adjustable ear cups" or whatever other nonsense just kept breaking on me. Even if these do, they're seven bucks.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Sennheiser makes a really good set of earbuds. They are the only earbuds I've found that stay in my weirdly shaped and excessively sweaty ears. They were recommended on this board to me a few years back, so I'm just paying it forward.

MX75_410.jpg

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
I've had a few sets that were "over the ear" buds and I had to keep putting them back in place every couple hundred yards. My ears are big, but I guess they're oddly shaped too.

The other problem I have is that I also do a lot of cycling, so I'm looking down quite a bit. This makes most earbuds fall out almost instantly.

Pags

N/A
pilot
I've had a few sets that were "over the ear" buds and I had to keep putting them back in place every couple hundred yards. My ears are big, but I guess they're oddly shaped too.

The other problem I have is that I also do a lot of cycling, so I'm looking down quite a bit. This makes most earbuds fall out almost instantly.

Sounds like what happened to me. Look into the Sennheisers. They have a "twist and lock" design that does a great job of keeping them in place.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
You hooking into an iPod? There's some new Klipsch's coming out that are "ruggedized" that I'm looking forward to. I have an iPod shuffle, so I need the buttons, but the Apple headphones don't stay in my ears and they tend to mess up when I sweat alot (read: all the time in Texas/Florida while working out). Linky

mountainman

ANy earbuds will work provided you have the right headband running across your ears. This discussion should be about headbands. Allow me to recommend:

hot_pink_headband_wristband_set.jpg

Reactions: MPH

ryan1234

I have an iPod shuffle, so I need the buttons, but the Apple headphones don't stay in my ears and they tend to mess up when I sweat alot (read: all the time in Texas/Florida while working out). Linky

Same experience with the Apple ones... I picked up a pair of j-something ear buds ($13) at the airport the other day... and they suck. Quality sucks big time. Guess quality does matter for those.

NYYanks

Tweaking off my coffee
Anyone have any other rec's fer an iPod? I would prefer wireless (I also use the Nike+ system, so have an adapter attached) for my nano, but no luck yet. Even just some good quality ones with volume control would be awesome. I just picked up a pair of iLuv headphones where I can screw around wit the volume, but after running with them and the wire constantly bouncing in my mouth (left ear wire is dramatically shorter then the right) I need to replace em. Sucks cause I've only had em fer like 5 days.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Sennheiser makes a really good set of earbuds. They are the only earbuds I've found that stay in my weirdly shaped and excessively sweaty ears. They were recommended on this board to me a few years back, so I'm just paying it forward.

MX75_410.jpg

+1/Ditto. MX-85 is the current model number, IIRC. I think they make a version with it's own volume control, too.

I'm on my second pair (the new version has orange cord and ear pads, btw) and I plan to get a third pair when I burn these up. They stay put and sound great, even when you sweat so much people can't tell if you've been running or swimming. With the included array of different size rubber pads, they're virtually guaranteed to fit anyone's ears.

Perfect pairing for an iPod shuffle used to work out, IMHO.