• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

EA-6B Max EGT

NapalmRat

Random question a senior Marine asked of me today while I was waiting for a sigmet to pass:
Anyone know the Prowler's Max EGT?
(I'm still in the T-6! I haven't even heard of an EGT till today!)
Thx

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Who in the blue hell in T-6 land cares?

That said, 804 degrees at MRT ought to get him/her off your back. If he/she asks about time limits at MRT, acceleration limits, starting limits, or max continuous EGT, they are going beyond annoying into the realm of F-ing asinine.

NapalmRat

yeah who knows. What the hell is MRT? Thx for the numbers, hopefully they're what he's looking for. This way it'll be funny.
Is that celsius or Fahrenheit?

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Wow, usually asinine questions like that are answered fairly quickly. He must have been quite bored.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Well just to muddy the waters...

Close...Military Rated Thrust. Max (100%) power with no afterburner if the engine has one.

The above doesn't apply to turboprops...at least all turboprops...e.g...The P-3C/EP-3E have a military TIT of 1049 and a max rated TIT of 1077.

Crowbar

None
Random question a senior Marine asked of me today while I was waiting for a sigmet to pass:
Anyone know the Prowler's Max EGT?
(I'm still in the T-6! I haven't even heard of an EGT till today!)
Thx

VT-4?

474 momentary on start
720 continuous
804 (30 minutes)
832 (8 minutes)
all Celcius

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Did you tell him you wanted Prowlers during the brief? Or maybe he can foretell your future, young padawan. :D

-ea6bflyr ;)

NapalmRat

I think he's just predicting my future, and all my fellow Marine NFO-brethren-in-training futures as well.
Maybe when I'm actually flying a jet these things will mean something to me.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Well just to muddy the waters...

The above doesn't apply to turboprops...at least all turboprops...e.g...The P-3C/EP-3E have a military TIT of 1049 and a max rated TIT of 1077.
Just to muddy the waters even more.....why do you care about TIT......that is the FE's job:D

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Is said Marine a pilot or FO.....If he's a FO....then WTF?? P-3 FOs would never know starting limits or TIT #s....except for 1010 on the way home!

Crowbar

None
Is said Marine a pilot or FO.....If he's a FO....then WTF?? P-3 FOs would never know starting limits or TIT #s....except for 1010 on the way home!

You do realize that the guy in the front right seat of the Prowler is an ECMO, right? We monitor starts just like pilots do. I get the feeling this guy was just giving him a hard time. I got a couple of those questions when I was there. I would just smile and act like I'd never heard of an F-14.