• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

EA-6B anthro restrictions

Does anyone know some facts about the rumor that the Marines are either getting rid of, or changing the anthro restrictions for the EA-6B?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Does anyone know some facts about the rumor that the Marines are either getting rid of, or changing the anthro restrictions for the EA-6B?

Doesn't sound too likely. Anthro requirements are established by NOMI and are a matter of aircrew safety and ability to physically operate the aircraft (I.E. reach all the controls and see over the glareshield).

Brett

jfulginiti

pilot
None
They haven't changed the numbers but they are actually being more strict about them recently. A good number of the NFOs (not sure about pilots) are getting anthro'd out of Prowlers due to sitting height. We tried to call BS because over half the dudes in the fleet squadrons would be NPQ if they applied these stricter rules to them. But someone is looking for a good fitrep I think. Anyway, it only has the potential to affect the Marines since the Navy is getting rid of Prowlers fairly soon anyway.

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
Pretty much all the SNAs in my API class that were at or over 6 feet were anthro'd out of Prowlers (all for sitting height). Any and all attempts to get remeasure/waivered were denied by the LTs office.

Not sure on the actual measurements, but we just got word today that the restrictions will be changed (lessened) in the very near future for the EA-6B. No joke.

Apparently too many people were NPQed out of them recently so they are going to change them (read taller people will be allowed in them).

Not sure about the Marines, but if the Navy loosens the restrictions on height I don't see why the Marines wouldn't go right along. It's the same jet.

-jai5w4

Jay

Heard something similar, but I also heard that if you have the "I'm anthro'd out of Prowlers" chit in your NATOPS, it will NOT be removed when they lax the sitting height.
<---Happily has the chit

Heard something similar, but I also heard that if you have the "I'm anthro'd out of Prowlers" chit in your NATOPS, it will NOT be removed when they lax the sitting height.
<---Happily has the chit

Interesting. I heard (this is all unofficial, of course) things more like, "Good news to those of you anthroed out of the Prowler: you can get remeasured and maybe qualify when the standards are changed in the very near future."

Guess we'll just wait and see.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anyway, it only has the potential to affect the Marines since the Navy is getting rid of Prowlers fairly soon anyway.

Once again, I have to dispel unbelievably bad gouge coming from the TRACOM. Navy Prowlers will be around for at least another 9 years. That means NFOs starting API right now could still be flying Prowlers for their DH tours. Get the notion that "The Navy is getting rid of Prowlers" out of your collective heads. Meaningful changes in manning and TRACOM policy wont be seen for at least 7 years. Please pass the word to your fellow studs, as I get questions about this topic on a weekly basis.

Brett

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Please pass the word to your fellow studs, as I get questions about this topic on a weekly basis.

Brett

I didn't know Buffy, Jeni (with an "i"), Skylar, or any 19 year old sorority girl cared.