• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

E7 uniforms

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
All this is amusing. Back in the day everything was issued. You showed up with nothing but the short on your back. All priors got new stuff issued just like the rest of us. Only concession was they got to wear whatever eye candy they hard earned before, but not until after out posting. Oh well. Suppose current procedure saves the gov a few bucks.

Good luck Chief.
Was making you report while wearing shorts on your back part of the hazing package? :D

froggystyle

All this is amusing. Back in the day everything was issued. You showed up with nothing but the short on your back. All priors got new stuff issued just like the rest of us. Only concession was they got to wear whatever eye candy they hard earned before, but not until after out posting. Oh well. Suppose current procedure saves the gov a few bucks.

Good luck Chief.
Thanks wink, yeah I think it’s more about saving me money since I had paid for all of these uniforms already and they won’t reimburse me if they have to issue it out again haha

froggystyle

I just graduated last Friday and was running the lucky bag room during Indoc processing for 08-18. The uniforms you'll use at OCS are Type 3s (NWU and Parka/liner), all weather jacket, relaxed fit jacket, Khakis, and SDB. Bring what you have. They will inspect your uniform during processing. Anything that doesn't get approved will be stored in your luckybag. We are issued Belleville 360ST, it would definitely help save time if they were polished already. Bring your rating badge,trident, and ribbons, you'll be wearing midshipmen anchors while at OCS.

PS. There's currently a SEAL Chief in 07-18 and he pretty much had everything and was mostly good to go.
Thanks Victor and congratulations bro! That was excellent gouge and I’ll start working on that stuff immediately. I think that command needs to be a little more clear on what is expected, gear-wise, for E7 and above. I wouldn’t have brought half the stuff you mentioned and I would have had to pay for it all AGAIN.

froggystyle

Can anyone verify if the CNT khaki uniform is good to go, or if you have to have the new poly-wool version of the khakis?

robav8r

None
Contributor
Can anyone verify if the CNT khaki uniform is good to go, or if you have to have the new poly-wool version of the khakis?
Man, I haven't seen CNT's in a LONG, long time. The uniform regs mention CNT & poly-wool fabric stating only that you can't mix~n~match.

froggystyle

Haha ok, yeah most Teamguys rock CNTs, they are a little more comfortable in my opinion, however they don’t make them anymore which is why I asked. I’ll being them I guess. Thanks for the response

froggystyle

Can anyone confirm that Belleville 360ST is the issued boot? I looked at them and they are low boots, the boots I’ve seen in some OTC pictures ride a lot higher on the calf, not to mention, pictures of the supply room issuing bates.... Is everyone issues the same boot or is there a mix and match of similar types? I ask because I’m able to get a lot of this stuff free here in CA, vs having to pay for it out in Newport

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
When I was there back in Sept-Dec 2016, they issued a mix of Bellville and Bates, just depends on what size you were and what they had in stock. I'd say bring your CNTs but I wouldn't be surprised if they made you buy the Poly-Wools because otherwise you'd be "an individual".