• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

E-QIP/Security Clearance for OCS

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
Good afternoon. My Final Select Letter states that "All personnel selected to OCS must have a SSBI submitted to OPM prior to transfer." I currently only have a Secret clearance and had a SSBI initiated by my command toward the middle of June, but I am unable to submit clearance documents because E-QIP was taken down due to the security breach at OPM. Is anyone else dealing with a similar issue? If you are, what steps have you done to accommodate this requirement before transferring to OCS? Thanks.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
If you did the paperwork before it went offline, and the investigation is open, you should show up as open in JPAS which is good enough for OCS.

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
Good afternoon. My Final Select Letter states that "All personnel selected to OCS must have a SSBI submitted to OPM prior to transfer." I currently only have a Secret clearance and had a SSBI initiated by my command toward the middle of June, but I am unable to submit clearance documents because E-QIP was taken down due to the security breach at OPM. Is anyone else dealing with a similar issue? If you are, what steps have you done to accommodate this requirement before transferring to OCS? Thanks.
If your investigation is not listed as "open", as @LFCFan stated above, try asking your SSO for hard copy forms to fill out, just like we did at RTC. I believe they have them for instances like this, when E-QIP is offline.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Your existing investigation may count since secret access is granted for 10 years upon completion of the existing investigation barring any incident reporting and local command level access suspensions.