• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

E-Mail ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike26

I was wondering if someone could tell me if Yahoo mail or Hotmail is restricted on Navy computers. You are not allowed to check it on AF computers, for some reason they feel the need to block access. I just want to know if I will be able to check my e-mail though Yahoo while at OCS or not. Thanks

jaerose

I don't know for sure...so someone else could better answer your question. I would speculate that if it is the case, then it's probably due to the large amount of SPAM and inappropriate material passed through those emails. I never had a problem with that kind of stuff until I got a hotmail email address.

JR

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
--Edmund Burke

"So long as there's a breath in me, that long I will persist. For now I know one of the greatest principles of success, if I persist long enough I will win."
--Og Mandino

KV

I asked a guy that question the other night that had finished OCS fairly recently. Apparently, yahoo and hotmail are blocked but there is some other email services that are lesser known and are not blocked. No clue what they are off the top of my head though.

Logan Ridley

Will we get our own military email account? Realistically, how often will we even be able to use a computer to write a message?

Keith Nielsen

Everyone in the Navy has an email account which is part of the NMCI (Navy/Marine Corps Internet) system that has been recently installed. Your address will be your.name@navy.mil. I have no idea if this is set up at OCS, but you will get it at your first PCS command. This applies for all active duty, enlisted and officer.

Status
Not open for further replies.