• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

E/F/ RAG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Shutter

Hey Matt...

I was wondering if you've heard anything new about VFA-122 taking students. I recall you saying that's going to be your #1 pick, I take it that it's available then. A Tomcat RAG stud' I met in Oceana said that two very lucky guys from his advanced class got sent there. I'm quessing that VF-41 already knows it will need two replacements a year or so from now?

D

Dave Shutter

What, and how long is a cycle? Would that be the syllabus time in the RAG? One thing that was never made clear to me by VFA-122 guys I met was wether or not newly winged aviator and transition pilots train together. I would think that they wouldn't.

D

Dave Shutter

Gotcha...but where would you (or I) fit in as a new student with a bunch of experienced fleet aviators? If you got VFA-122 in the next couple of months, and were assigned to either VF-41 or VF-211, would you have the same syllabus as all the LT's & LCDR's?

D

Dave Shutter

I just got a return E-mail from the VFA-122 PAO (I post all this SuperHornet stuff on this forum cuz myself and Matt seem to be the only ones interested) on squadrons definately scheduled to transition...

The first SuperHornet squadron is going to
be VFA-115 (A Leemore based "C" Hornet squad', so yes, there will be a unit flying the "E") and then they will transition Oceana Tomcat squad's VF-14 the "Tophatters", and VF-41, the "Black Aces", redesignating them as VFA's, followed by VF-211 "Checkmates" and VF-154 the "Black Knights" who are forward deployed in Atsugi Japan, all of whom fly the aging "A" model Tomcat with those oh so lovely TF-130 engines. He said there were no plans that he knew of for any re-establishment of any of the old Tomcat squadrons (which I was, and am hoping for: VFA-142 baby!) As was discussed earlier, all E/F's will be based in Leemore as there is not yet a decided nesting spot on the East coast.

D

Status
Not open for further replies.