• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

E-6B in Pensacola?

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Ya'll are probably going to give me $hit for this, but honestly seeing the E-6 in person made it seem about 10 times cooler than I had ever thought before. Just an observation....
Take a commercial flight sometime.....imagine you are wearing a flightsuit, and there you have it....an E-6.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Take a commercial flight sometime.....imagine you are wearing a flightsuit, and there you have it....an E-6.

Where's the love?
When I have to take a dump mid-flight, I would rather get up, get a cup of coffee, grab a newspaper, and go relax and think about that beer I am going to have when I get on deck while my 2P flies straight and level. You, on the other hand, have the choice of going in your flightsuit or trying to squinch in a turtle head while landing on a pitching deck.
They are in Pensacola for a (dis)information recruiting type deal, no OPSEC about it.

Flugelman

Contributor
Where's the love?
When I have to take a dump mid-flight, I would rather get up, get a cup of coffee, grab a newspaper, and go relax and think about that beer I am going to have when I get on deck while my 2P flies straight and level. You, on the other hand, have the choice of going in your flightsuit or trying to squinch in a turtle head while landing on a pitching deck.
They are in Pensacola for a (dis)information recruiting type deal, no OPSEC about it.

WHAT!!! No case of beer for the crew??? That just sucks...

Saw our flight engineer hold it in on a loooong flight one time to keep from using the can and buying the beer. He was at the ladder as the 2nd mech was shutting down 2 & 3 and was the first down the steps. He was taking little short, quick steps on his way to the terminal and about halfway across the tarmac he stops, head droops, shoulders slump... :eek: Didn't make it. We were rolling on the ramp watching and laughing. :D

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Where's the love?

Mid-flight, that would be about 4 or 5 hours in? Well, I am already at the club after my 1.7 low level.......and I don't have to fly with a battle staff either. :D

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not allowed to do the whiz wheel around the neck anymore... something about the ejection seat I think.

first off, I was joking. second off, I have no clue what this "ejection seat" is that you speak of.[/QUOTE]

*OLD NEWS* - SNFO's now train at VT-4 and VT-10 using the T-6A Texan II hence ejection seats.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Pags

N/A
pilot
*OLD NEWS* - SNFO's now train at VT-4 and VT-10 using the T-6A Texan II hence ejection seats.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Yeah, I know that. I'm not that old. My joke was about the lack of ejection seats in any aircraft I've ever flown in and how that means I could wear a whiz wheel around my neck in the helo (I'd kick my own ass).

pittflyer

This is why I can't get into Grad School
pilot
To put everyone at ease about the E-6 at P-Cola, (I know you've been up late at night wondering about it,) it was more of a dog and pony show for the enlisted side of the house. A little meet and greet for the 'A' schoolers that don't have orders yet or those thinking of aircrew. The officer side of the house at the VT's was a bonus. Amazing how a large portion of the Navy doesn't even know we exist. Probably better that way too! J/K it isn't that bad...But yeah it is...No Seriously, its not that bad...But don't do it.