• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

E-6B Career Progression

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
FE manning has always been dicey at best in TACAMO. If there are < 1 qualified FE per crew, then the shaft is given. All it takes is a couple of med downs or guys getting quals pulled to start the downward spiral. Not to mention that the E-6 community is stretched pretty thin right now with "other" commitments.

SnipeDude

Cleveland Brown Fan
FE manning has always been dicey at best in TACAMO. If there are < 1 qualified FE per crew, then the shaft is given. All it takes is a couple of med downs or guys getting quals pulled to start the downward spiral. Not to mention that the E-6 community is stretched pretty thin right now with "other" commitments.

I guess I should have asked how bad the OPTEMPO is for NFOs. I should be filling out my dream sheet in a couple of months...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Did you know that 'other' commitment was profiled in the Navy League's Seapower magazine just a few months ago in detail?

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Did you know that 'other' commitment was profiled in the Navy League's Seapower magazine just a few months ago in detail?

Air Medals for all my friends!

usa-air-medal.jpg

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot

I didn't know that, actually. I do, however, "like" to insert quotes in random places.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How does one get into TACAMO anyway out of flight school? I've heard two things- A) if you want it they're more than happy to give it to you and it's a really good community because everyone who's in it wanted to be there, or B) there are drafts for it often.

I commission in two months and I honestly have no clue as to what aircraft I want right now as an NFO. Everything seems to have significant pluses and minuses to me, so I'm really looking to find out more info about everything so I can start making some kind of decision. Why did you all go TACAMO?