• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

E-6 TACAMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

patbrown08

Okay, here is an aircraft no one seems to talk about. Can anyone out there tell me anything about them and their crews. I know they fly out of Tinker AFB, in OK, but I was wondering what kind of deployment schedule they have? What kind of crew they are equipped with? Are there very many slots available for E-6 pilots coming out of primary? Also, does anyone know if there is a website for the 2 squadrons anywhere?
Thanks,
Pat

Mahler

Go to the main page and read Dave Werner's journal. He flys E-6's and wrote a pretty extensive journal on how he got there and what it's like flying the aircraft.

James

patbrown08

Thanks,
I have actually read that journal. It is very informative for most of the training portion, but does not talk to much about the schedule and QOL for the squadron. I was also wondering if any one else out there could tell me if they or anyone they know has selected for E-6s recently and how many slots there generally are available. I am just trying to get a good feel for all of the options out there. I am a prior submariner, so I have seen the result of those messages that the TACAMO sends out. Pretty impressive to think of the mission.
Pat

SHADHERRENKOHL

I selected E-6's back in april of 2001. From what I understand and seeing the amount of students here at Vance there are only about 30 slots available a year. The key is to select when a slot is available. When I selected they did not have any slots for several weeks leading into my selection, so it has a lot to do with luck.

patbrown08

Thanks,
What were your scores like during primary and API? Was there a lot of interest for the E-6 slot when you selected? Are you now at one of the E-6 squadrons? If so, is there any info you can give me about the basic deployment schedule?
Thanks again,
Pat

SHADHERRENKOHL

I had a 49 NSS, after the adjustment, it went down to 43.7. There wasn't a lot of interest in E-6's when I selected. I am scheduled to graduate from Vance this month. As for deployment schedule, I am not sure. I think it is about 15 days on 15 days off.

Status
Not open for further replies.