• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

E-2C Pipeline question

Status
Not open for further replies.

zilber

pilot
My friend and I selected the E-2/C-2 pipeline. We were wondering if someone could post some information about the training. How long is the school in Corpus? Will we be flying the T-44 or the TC-12? How long is the carrier qual school flying the T-45? Would we go to Meridian or Kingsville? How long is the RAG in Norfolk? What bases could we be stationed at after the RAG? Thank you in advance.

hellodollies

Im E2/C2 myself, you'll be in VT-31 flying the 44's for about 3 months or so then off to Kingsville for Phase 1 of the jet syllabus (BI, RI, FAMS, FORMS and CQ) then the RAG at Norfolk then the only two current E2/C2 bases are Cal. and Norfolk. Is this Zilberman?

jso

I just finished my CQ in the E-2. The RAG is about a year long, but it is not that the syllabus is that long there are simply breaks in training all along the way. I checked into the RAG in early January, went to SERE, classed up in April, then started flying hardcore in September, and went to the GW to CQ in November. The Jet training down in Kingsville has a better flow, and it should only take you about 8 months. Also, there are duty stations in Japan for E-2's and C-2's. If you have any other questions just let me know.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't know about the E2 side of the house (JSO can answer this) but the Cod guys had to wait until the class ahead of us CQed. Basically you're the low man on the totem pull until they finish up. You'll be done with your sims and then have about a month of doing nothing (productive) until it's your turn. You might get 1 or 2 hops in that period of time, but anything more is pure gravy.

DiceC2

E2/C2 Pipeline

I'm in primary and I'm trying for E2/C2. I have a question for you guys that went through already. I have a family and I HATE moving. Is there anyplace decent in between Kingston and Corpus? I hear the T-45 training was moved to Kingsville and I'm wondering if you guys can provide some info on where to live, driving distances, and schools, etc. Any info would be appreciated.
Dice

tlwaltz

I selected E-2/C-2 a while before christmas and while I have not classed up yet at Corpus I can shed a little light on the subject. I have already set up and started my move so i know what the living arrangements are. First of all if you have a family you will PCS to kingsville. Your training in Corpus is only considered Temporary for less tha 20 weeks so you will not be authorized to move to Corpus. Second you will have to move to Kingsville, when I set everything up I was told that your PCS orders only authorize a move to kingsville, not Corpus or somewhere in between. So you will only move once after Primary. You are supposedly authorized Per Diem while at training in corpus so you can live in the BOQ on base, because driving all the way from kingsville is not really reasonable on a daily basis.

The drive from NAS kingsville to NAS Corpus is about an hour maybe a little more ( I have only made the drive twice so far). Hopefully this info helps, If there are any other questions let me know. There are several other E-2/C-2 guys around on the forum that might be able to answer some questions as well.

kaiangel

That is not true, unfortunately. You are PCS'd to Kingsville, but if you execute that move then you are no longer authorized Per Diem. I was originally told that I could move to Kingsville and then get a BOQ room in Corpus, but once I got here the same guy I talked to said that he had made a mistake. What they said is once you accept your personal property that you are no longer authorized Per Diem. Also, the drive really isn't too bad. There is almost no traffic and takes about 50 minutes if you take the right route.

tlwaltz

I was told that what you are saying is true if you are single, but in my case being married and with a child due in June that married people are treated differently. I was told since I was married I would be able to draw Per Diem while in Corpus since I can' leave my family in storage while TAD there. I am not saying you are wrong because the person I talked to may have made a mistake also. But it would make sense that being married changes things as far as moving and being TAD at Corpus. Just curious are you married or single, that might explain why they told you differently. At any rate i will definitely have to question the PSD in corpus on the issue when i get there in a week (our goods arrived in storage today).

kaiangel

I am married with children also. I was expecting per diem, but Trawing 4 and PSD both told me that I could not receive it. If they tell you something different I would sure like to know.

DiceC2

Thanks for the info. I am married with kids and the "no per diem" thing sounds like typical navy. Does anyone have any suggetions on where to live there? Of course my first choice would be somewhere directly in the middle of Kingsville and Corpus, with great schools and things to do... Is any of this possible, I know absolutely nothing of Texas.
Dice

bigoaf

There's no such place as "between Corpus and Kingsville." If there were, it would be much like the place between your nuts and your browneye.

On a serious note, even if you are married with kids, you are still eligible for per diem while youre in Corpus as long as you DO NOT have your household goods delivered to any address here. You are, however, authorized to have a "partial delivery" of goods, so long as you tell the movers to separate what you want delivered and what you want placed in storage BEFORE they pack you up and move you out.

My wife and I had our goods shipped to storage, and specified the few items we needed delivered to our apartment. Best advice--find a somewhat furnished place in Corpus and draw perdiem while youre t44 training and deal with not having your household goods for a few months, THEN you can activate your PCS delivery of goods to any one of the multitude of housing options in the lovely K-rock Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.