• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

E-2 "Tube" Shots

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Where the hell's my HCA card when I need it? Oh yeah...

Paddles: "Bolter, bolter"

"402, climb straight ahead to angels 1.2, when comfortable left to the downwind 125."

"501, left to the final bearing 305."

"104, 8 miles, on course, traffic is a Prowler on a 4 mile hook, dirty up."

Case III HCA...anybody can do that. Sheesh... :D

Works until we get fed up anyway, then the inner voices start making suggestions: "Alfa Whiskey, Tango. 701 keeps fvcking up the pattern. Recommend take 701 with Delta birds..."

lol....works pretty good when people are proficient. Not so much when the FNG's in the tube don't realize you can't send a TOB Hornet on a 12 mile downwind after a foul deck W/O......been there......didn't hold it against them.....but it is not easy once things start not going according to plan, ie you get a couple jets from the bottom of the stack in the BWO pattern and guys start needing to tank.

Peter89

This is quite a long dead revival. I can only assume you found it by searching for your answers, so good on you for giving it the 'ol college try. I know your answers but will not dare upstage one of the tube rats who will love to help you out.
Thanks wink.

Peter89

1) Yes, they turn for takeoff and landing. The seatpan also lifts up on the left to keep your butt level and compensate for the slight nose-up while on station. Really.

2) The D transition is going on right now. You'd need a transition course to go from one to the other. It's routine already - there's several versions of E-2 in the fleet, with very different back ends. They toyed with a 'series qual' a few years ago, but it was too much hassle.
Thanks for the info. I guess a follow on question would be - Is the plan to transition from the several versions currently in the fleet to all D's, or is there some benefit from having a mix of different versions?

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The plan is to transition all squadrons to the D eventually. Going to be a few years, though. Probably see a mix of HE2K and Ds in the Fleet for a while yet.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The idea is to develop it for the D and then back-fit it to the Cs. There's still a lot to figure out before it's ready for the show.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I'd be interested to see how that ends up playing out operationally. Cause they aren't going to be getting gas from the Maiden, and I'd presume probably not from KC-10......maybe MIPR KC-130J or something, and of course Rhino

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'd be interested to see how that ends up playing out operationally. Cause they aren't going to be getting gas from the Maiden, and I'd presume probably not from KC-10......maybe MIPR KC-130J or something, and of course Rhino

You and everyone else involved. There's lots of ideas out there; right now they're just trying to work out the techniques and overcome technical obstacles. Basically the goal is that it can tank off anything, but it remains to be seen what will actually be SOP.