• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

E-2/C-2 pipeline

Sub King

What's up fellas....not really sure where to start, but selected today and got E2/C2's. I can't say that I'm not a little dissapointed in the fact that I was never even given the chance to go strike, but I guess I swallow the blue pill no matter what. Still seems funny that the TAILHOOK thing is what we (studs) have to put down on the wish list, yet its a crapshoot whether or not you'll actually get to do the strike syllabus or not. I have a ton of questions for some of you and would love some more imput of how life is really like within this community.

So far I only have dummy orders but should receive the real ones tomorrow morning. As I see it right now I'll be going to Corpus first to complete multi-engine training and then afterwards go to Kingsville to complete the CQ portion. If this is correct, is there anywhere I can move where my family (wife and two daughters) won't have to do two moves, and what are your suggestions for places to move? Really that question could wait for after I receive my orders, but since the preliminary class up date is 14 AUG I won't have much time to move my family if I sit on it any longer than I have too. I'll probably post some more questions tomorrow, but right now that's what I wanted to start with.

Any and all suggestions/opinions would be much appreciated.

MasterBates

My personal recommendations, as the the T44 part of training is shorter, is to live in Bishop or Kingsville and commute for the T-44 part. The drive gate-to-gate is about 55 miles between the two.

T-44s are around 4 months for E2/C2, and T-45's was running 8-10 months depending on boat availably the last time I talked to the ladies in STUCON at TW-2.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
What's up fellas....not really sure where to start, but selected today and got E2/C2's. I can't say that I'm not a little dissapointed in the fact that I was never even given the chance to go strike, but I guess I swallow the blue pill no matter what. Still seems funny that the TAILHOOK thing is what we (studs) have to put down on the wish list, yet its a crapshoot whether or not you'll actually get to do the strike syllabus or not. I have a ton of questions for some of you and would love some more imput of how life is really like within this community.

So far I only have dummy orders but should receive the real ones tomorrow morning. As I see it right now I'll be going to Corpus first to complete multi-engine training and then afterwards go to Kingsville to complete the CQ portion. If this is correct, is there anywhere I can move where my family (wife and two daughters) won't have to do two moves, and what are your suggestions for places to move? Really that question could wait for after I receive my orders, but since the preliminary class up date is 14 AUG I won't have much time to move my family if I sit on it any longer than I have too. I'll probably post some more questions tomorrow, but right now that's what I wanted to start with.

Any and all suggestions/opinions would be much appreciated.

I think your bud left my number with you today. Congrats but at the same time, I know that feeling of dissapointment. It'll get better. If down the road you really want to do the tactical stuff, you can try going to another platform. If not, you can always go to Meridian or Kingsville and instruct. Go E-2 and become a CAG paddles.....fly the Hornet down the road. There are options.

MasterBates

When you get out into "the fleet" you see that E2C2 is not a bad place to be.

I requested to switch into the community from HSL.

Rg9

pilot
So (I think this is on topic here) with the recent selection (I'm happy with what I got, but am curious about down the road), I was wondering: how hard is it to switch from one platform to another? I know it's kind of a career killer if you want command, etc., but what steps do you need now to switch?

MasterBates

Do well in your assigned community.

Stay out of trouble. Get every qual you can. Rack up flight time/traps/deck landings.

Then spring it on your front office about at the right time to make 2 boards prior to departure.

Worked for me.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Chris congrats on E2/C2. You will enjoy flying around das Boat...Be the best you can be at landing, become Paddles, and you can fly other planes. You would be a good TPS candidate with that big melon of yours.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Meanwhile, for Rq9, transitioning out of VP isn't very common. By "isn't very common" I mean that in 7 years I never heard of it panning out for anyone, people I knew or even through the grapevine.

Look at it this way, play your cards right and you might get some P-8.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
So (I think this is on topic here) with the recent selection (I'm happy with what I got, but am curious about down the road), I was wondering: how hard is it to switch from one platform to another? I know it's kind of a career killer if you want command, etc., but what steps do you need now to switch?

I've known about a half dozen guys within the E2/C2 community that have tried to switch. This isn't a statistic, just those I know. Only 2 made the transition, one to Prowlers, one to Hornets. I don't know why the others didn't make it. My thoughts are it's performance and more than anything, timing.