• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

E-2/C-2 pipeline

SlickAg

pilot
For E-2/C-2 studs, what is the curriculum in Kingsville and how long is it supposed to take? Also, does anyone know how they are currently selecting students for E-2/C-2 at the end of the pipeline (i.e. straight NSS, bribes, etc.)? I did a search and couldn't really find what I was looking for, so I thought I'd ask some of the guys out there. I just found out today, wasn't expecting it, and just wanted some basic info. Appreciate it.

For you primary guys: If you want jets and have above a 50, put it down, because you never know. It seems like for the past couple of months getting jets required a 60+ NSS, but this week there were low 50s getting it no sweat. E-2/C-2 was my second choice after P-3s, so wake up on Thursday morning of your selection week ready for anything. That being said, I am STOKED.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Did you get E2/C2? The NSS thing changes all the time. The standard has always been 50 for E2/C2 or jets but like you say, it fluctuates. Back when I went through, I remember not to long after I selected, to get either, it only took a 48 NSS....needed folks in both pipelines. Other than that, I don't have answers to your questions.

SlickAg

pilot
Yes sir, I did select E-2/C-2s, or they selected me. I had a 55 and jets were my third choice. I actually would've gotten jets if I'd put them first or second, but CNATRA went according to the order of our choices. Is the crew on a C-2 just the pilots and a loadmaster?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Yes sir, I did select E-2/C-2s, or they selected me. I had a 55 and jets were my third choice. I actually would've gotten jets if I'd put them first or second, but CNATRA went according to the order of our choices. Is the crew on a C-2 just the pilots and a loadmaster?

Very good. I selected E2/C2 with a 52 NSS as I recall. Your basic flight, dirt to dirt, minimum crew is 2 pilots, 1 aircrew. Going to the boat, min crew required 2 pilots/2aircrew.

kray1395

Congrats on being selected for E2/C2. One of my classmates here also had P-3's down for his first choice and was selected for E2/C2, his second choice. I asked him the other day if he ever thinks that maybe he should have gone P-3's. I believe the answer was something to the effect of "Hell no!" :)

You will probably be one of the last studs to select E2/C2 out of primary. Word on the street is that very soon, i.e, next month, studs will be selected for tailhook out of primary with the Jets or E2/C2 cut being made in the T-45 syllabus. Over to you on how you think you would have liked being selected that way but seeing as how you had E2/C2 before jets, I'm guessing you're pretty happy with how it turned out.

Obviously, Kingsville is still a few months away for you but since you're curious......... The curriculum here for E2/C2 guys is almost entirely the same for the TS studs during Phase 1. Phase 1 includes all of your instrument training, your Fam flights, Form flights, and FCLP's. The only Phase 2 stage that you will complete will be CQ's. With the exception of the instrument training, the emphasis for E2/C2 students is on the landing pattern and the training you will need to perform at the carrier. From classing up for ground school to wings will end up having taken me 9 months. For my buddies in the other squadron it took 8. That's probably what you will see.

KSUFLY

pilot
For E-2/C-2 studs, what is the curriculum in Kingsville and how long is it supposed to take? Also, does anyone know how they are currently selecting students for E-2/C-2 (i.e. straight NSS, bribes, etc.)? I did a search and couldn't really find what I was looking for, so I thought I'd ask some of the guys out there. I just found out today, wasn't expecting it, and just wanted some basic info. Appreciate it.

For you primary guys: If you want jets and have above a 50, put it down, because you never know. It seems like for the past couple of months getting jets required a 60+ NSS, but this week there were low 50s getting it no sweat. E-2/C-2 was my second choice after P-3s, so wake up on Thursday morning of your selection week ready for anything. That being said, I am STOKED.

Congratulation on selecting E2/C2. That's awesome!

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
You will probably be one of the last studs to select E2/C2 out of primary. Word on the street is that very soon, i.e, next month, studs will be selected for tailhook out of primary with the Jets or E2/C2 cut being made in the T-45 syllabus. Over to you on how you think you would have liked being selected that way but seeing as how you had E2/C2 before jets, I'm guessing you're pretty happy with how it turned out.

At a VTC two months ago, I remember CNATRA saying this. I think it makes sense to do it that. Takes a 50 NSS to select either so why not send all studs that way and determine in advanced who goes where.

Obviously, Kingsville is still a few months away for you but since you're curious......... The curriculum here for E2/C2 guys is almost entirely the same for the TS studs during Phase 1. Phase 1 includes all of your instrument training, your Fam flights, Form flights, and FCLP's. The only Phase 2 stage that you will complete will be CQ's. With the exception of the instrument training, the emphasis for E2/C2 students is on the landing pattern and the training you will need to perform at the carrier. From classing up for ground school to wings will end up having taken me 9 months. For my buddies in the other squadron it took 8. That's probably what you will see.

Do you guys do PA forms (or is it cruise forms) in the T-45's? I remember back in VT-4 we did aero, part of FAM's I think, but in forms we did barrel rolls and wingovers as well. Just curious if it's still part of the syllabus.