• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dual processing to expedite SNA application

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
that is all bullshit not sure what city you are in but you should find another OR in another NRD
This x10. I was an active duty OR and worked at the NRD for years off and on as a reservist. I have never heard such a line of crap. That recruiter needs some "counseling" by the OPO and XO.

The "dual processing" tactic for another OFFICER program with another service is legit. The son of a good buddy of mine is applying for the Navy Dental Student Program. Those guys are super low priority for MEPS, which is commanded by the Army. So his Navy OR had him apply for Army Dental Student. Sure enough, got right into MEPS. As a bonus, he got to see how the Army operates and will never again have anything to do with the Army. ?

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Hi all, this is my first post here and I'ld like to get some advice.

I've been trying to submit a Navy Officer package since last February for SNA/NFO. I got a OAR/ASTB 63/8/8/8 and the Officer Recruiter mentioned I would be having no problems getting selected. I have no tatts, no criminal record, no drugs, nothing on my file except for a minor surgery from over 10 years ago. Ever since last February, trying to get an appointment at Meps to get my flight physical has been impossible. They lost my paperwork multiple times. My application got dropped from the tracker for no reason. They request obscure medical forms out of the blue after ghosting me for months.
So, to avoid being processed at that particular Meps, my Officer Recruiter suggested I try this neat thing called Dual Processing. I said sure, ok, not really knowing what he meant. He referred me to an enlisted recruiter, and we began doing some paperwork. I was told I would simply take the ASVAB and then get my physical at a different Meps, and once that is done then I would resume processing as an Officer. Under no circumstance I would be obligated to enlist if I didnt want to.
Today I got called into the recruiter station. They asked me to sign enlistment papers. "Pick a job. Whichever, it doesnt matter. You are not going in as enlisted, you only need to sign this enlistment so can send you to Meps and complete your physical. After that, we won't see you again, you will resume your processing as an Officer with your Officer Recruiter. Yes, you are signing enlistment papers, but you dont have to enlist if you dont want to or if you dont get picked up for aviation".

I noped out of there real quick.

So my question to you all, has anybody else in here been through something similar? Is this a common practice, or was my recruiter trying to pull a sneaky one and have me enlist?
Good on you for being skeptical and sensing something was off. There is a lot of BS out there and you are smart to get a 2nd opinion from an independent source. Good luck on your officer application.

Hi all, this is my first post here and I'ld like to get some advice.

I've been trying to submit a Navy Officer package since last February for SNA/NFO. I got a OAR/ASTB 63/8/8/8 and the Officer Recruiter mentioned I would be having no problems getting selected. I have no tatts, no criminal record, no drugs, nothing on my file except for a minor surgery from over 10 years ago. Ever since last February, trying to get an appointment at Meps to get my flight physical has been impossible. They lost my paperwork multiple times. My application got dropped from the tracker for no reason. They request obscure medical forms out of the blue after ghosting me for months.
So, to avoid being processed at that particular Meps, my Officer Recruiter suggested I try this neat thing called Dual Processing. I said sure, ok, not really knowing what he meant. He referred me to an enlisted recruiter, and we began doing some paperwork. I was told I would simply take the ASVAB and then get my physical at a different Meps, and once that is done then I would resume processing as an Officer. Under no circumstance I would be obligated to enlist if I didnt want to.
Today I got called into the recruiter station. They asked me to sign enlistment papers. "Pick a job. Whichever, it doesnt matter. You are not going in as enlisted, you only need to sign this enlistment so can send you to Meps and complete your physical. After that, we won't see you again, you will resume your processing as an Officer with your Officer Recruiter. Yes, you are signing enlistment papers, but you dont have to enlist if you dont want to or if you dont get picked up for aviation".

I noped out of there real quick.

So my question to you all, has anybody else in here been through something similar? Is this a common practice, or was my recruiter trying to pull a sneaky one and have me enlist?

This is a very good score. If you’re not comfortable working with them, select a new NTAG to work with using this link https://www.cnrc.navy.mil/pages-nrd/regions/regions-map.html

Once you talk to a new officer recruiter, ensure you provide the pre-op, op, and post-op in regards to your surgery. For more information for your pre-screen, refer to this https://criteria.njarmyguard.com/wp-content/uploads/USMEPCOM-Medical-Prescreen.pdf

It is very hard to navigate MEPS even for recruiters especially when their priority is the enlisted program. The Navy doesn’t have any control on their processes since it is controlled by the Army and MEPS procedure is very primitive like it’s 1960.

Good luck!