• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Drugs

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I recommend a search first, as this topic has been covered ad nauseum before, then come back with specific questions.

Rouster

I searched extensively and read every thread that came up under the search string "drugs" or "drug". Most of threads discuss marijuana use. I am curious about hard drug use prior to the age of 18. For example, LSD, mushrooms, extacy, etc.

Thanks again.

Rouster

Thanks for that link. This is what I found:

c. Pre-service drug abuse waivers may be granted for a
non-nuclear field officer applicant as part of the normal application process (no form is required - the required expanded explanation on the Application for Commission (NAVCRUIT 1131/2) is sufficient). Pre-service drug abuse waiver authority for applicants in non-nuclear related officer programs is COMNAVCRUITCOM with the concurrence of the DCNO (Manpower, Personnel and Training) for the community for which they are requesting to enter. Pre-service drug abuse waivers shall not be considered for any applicant for a non-nuclear field officer program who has:

(1) Abused narcotics within one year of the date of application submission.

(2) Abused dangerous drugs within one year of the date of application submission.

(3) Abused marijuana within six months of the date of application submission.

d. No applicant will be considered for a pre-service drug abuse waiver who does not reject further abuse.

e. Those applicants requiring drug waivers will be considered for a pre-service drug abuse waiver based upon the type and extent of drug abuse, expressed attitude toward past and future drug abuse, suitability under the whole-person concept, and the recommendation of the cognizant NAVCRUITDIST CO, XO or OPO.

f. Those applicants who are not eligible for drug waiver consideration under the parameters stated above are subject to mandatory rejection at the field level. This does not preclude submission of an application at a later date if the pre-service drug abuse waiver criteria can be met at that time.

Well, according to this, if I read correctly, a waiver is possible since im not interested in nuclear operations.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
It sounds that way, and it is generally in your best interest to get the information from official Navy websites if you can. A lot of reading, but the info is generally correct and gives you a good insight as to your options. However, come here to find out which is the best way to go with your options, as a lot of people on this board have a lot of good advice.

Best of luck, I hope whatever prior transgressions you have, are past and if you should get in, they accept you.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Rouster said:
....I am curious about .... mushrooms....
Me too!!! ... how 'bout a mushroom pizza???

mushroom_pizza_080903.jpg

How 'bout steak & 'shrooms???