• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Driving to San Diego...

kejo

pilot
A few of us from South Whiting are driving out to San Diego next week and I was wondering if anyone knew of any places to be aware of as far as speed traps, nasty fuzz, etc...any advice would be great, thanks!

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
So...what you're asking is...."Are there any bad speedtraps, law etc...anywhere in the southern half of the US?"

Yes...:D

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Haha, scoober beat me to it... that's the most general question... in the world.

"I'm driving 3000 miles... any speedtraps?"

:D

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
I assume you're west bound on I-10 all the way until I-8. Beware speed traps on the long causeway bridge about halfway between Baton Rouge and Lafayette. Some speed traps around Houston, so be careful if at night.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
There are police in West Texas that wait alongside the freeway just to nab speeders. Watch out on the I-10 when you get west of San Antonio.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
The last time I drove the southern route, I got pulled over outside of NOLA (westbound on I-10). The cop was decent about it and let me off with a verbal warning. I think he was nervous after I presented my CCW and informed him that I was carrying and the firearms are located here, here and here.

robav8r

None
Contributor
. . . . . have fun between San Antonio and El Paso on I-10. It's a lllllloooonnnnngggggg day !!!

kejo

pilot
thanks for the tips so far...i know it's a pretty general question but i've never been through this part of the country and i heard certain places are way worse than others...

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
thanks for the tips so far...i know it's a pretty general question but i've never been through this part of the country and i heard certain places are way worse than others...

Yes, from San Antonio to El Paso. Nothing, nothing, and a whole lot of nothing.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I assume you're west bound on I-10 all the way until I-8. Beware speed traps on the long causeway bridge about halfway between Baton Rouge and Lafayette. Some speed traps around Houston, so be careful if at night.

Echo that. I got a speeding ticket for going 70 in the all-of-a-sudden 60 mph zone going across the bridge. The kicker is, I wonder why I was going the speed limit in the first place?!?

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There may be a trap or two in Texas...but hey you're only in the state for what...a thousand miles???

KBayDog

. . . . . have fun between San Antonio and El Paso on I-10. It's a lllllloooonnnnngggggg day !!!

No joke. Make sure you top off your tanks in San Antonio, as gas stations are very few and VERY far between until El Paso.

Another tip: Try to plan your trip to avoid Houston during rush hour.

TrunkMonkey

Spy Navy
Blythe, CA (on I-10 right on the CA/AZ border) has a reputation for ticket-happy police (particularly if you have out of state plates). I was pulled over two times there on my way to San Diego in college, as were a few of my roommates.