• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dress Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Generally, Blue Alphas or Mess Dress is designated as authorized wear. Most Majors will tell that they don't want to look different then anyone else, uniform wise. Truthfully, many haven't purchased the uniform yet because it is so expensive. Unfortunately, O-4's and above start to be involved in more "gala's" requiring a frilly uniform. Majors generally serve coffee at these events but at least they look nice. (JK) Believe it or not ALL officers are authorized to wear the Mess Dress but it is looked down upon for a Company grade Officer. Which is good because the damn thing is too expensive anyway. The uniform is much more comfortable then Dress Blues. The cumber bun is designed to catch "Field Grade" frontal lobes from the Brain Housing Group and maintain them around our waist. When you make General, the bun is replaced by a red vest which provides more support for a complete brain meltdown.
Very astute splinter. No, I'm running the show when it comes to Air for the Battalion/MAGTF. The new cammies look more comfortable and maintain a more squared away look. I spend alot of time between Camp Wilson and the Coyote Camp and I just get tired of looking like Johnny Bag of Donuts. It would also be nice not to bring a boot polishing kit. I always thought that was pretty stupid but it does maintain an attention to detail.
By the way, speaking of Coyotes, Col Taylor, the head Coyote (CO of TTECG), and his wife, were killed two weeks ago by a young Marine in a head on collision. The young Marine fell asleep at the wheel. I met Col Taylor a few months ago. Fantastic Officer. I bring this point up for ALL officers to keep in mind that your Marines will try to burn the candle at both ends. Give them a way out. If they are too tired have enough rapport to be unafraid to call you or one of your staff. If it becomes chronic then take disciplinary action. My Marines and young Officers always had my calling card with my home number for just that reason. You would be suprised at how many cabs have showed up at my house dropping people off. All of them were intoxicated but I respected their judgement and the courage it took for them to call. I generally had no repeat guests and I never ever questioned them on their actions. To me, they were acting responsibly. I have purchased hotel rooms for the young LCPl's driving home without any money and needed to stop and sleep. Better to have him pay you back then you giving his mother a check for $300,000 and your sympathies. Would it have helped the Marine who killed the Taylors? I don't know but I can bet you there is a young Lt questioning himself on whether he could have done more for his Marine. Life is learning. Learning is Leadership. You don't want to be the officer who had to tell the Taylor's 13 and 15 year old kids that they are now orphans. Sorry for the Soap box. Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMCR

Status
Not open for further replies.