• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dress Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

klostman

the happy dance!
I was reading earlier this week that after you complete OCS, you have to buy your own dress blues for the graduation ceremony and for other future occasions. Book said they can cost anywhere from 2,000-3,000 bucks. Is that accurate? I better start savin' now if thats the case.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
It is accurate, though that's for EVERYTHING required, not just blues. I recommend the exchange. The Marine Shop is very overrated.

Marine Federal Credit Union offers pre-commissioning loans at very good rates. Then, once you're commissioned, you'lll be eligible for a $5000 Navy Mutual Aid loan at 1%. That's FREE MONEY. Use it to pay off the Marine Fed loan, or take it and invest it in anything making more than 1% intrest even if you don't need a loan.

Phrogs phorever

Lt_SNA_USMC

May I also add--the exchange will set you up on the DPP--deferred payment plan-- they take the amount you charge--now the TBS issue is about $2,700 for all your uniforms--and let you pay on it for 18 months interest free and tax free, obviously. I think it's a better plan myself. I'm at TBS right now and that's what most of us are doing because everyone is broke. Comes out to like $150 bucks a month. Not bad for all your work clothes for the next 4 years minimum.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Also, you will receive a reinbursment for your uniforms once you get to TBS. Unfortunately, it is only $600. You don't have to have ALL your uniforms prior to checking into TBS.

"You forgot your fortune cookie"

Dirty Harry

klostman

the happy dance!
Everthing meaning dress blues and other uniforms for special occassions, or BDU's and other clothing required as well?

splendid_splinter

HMLA flyer
they're cammies. not bdu's. and those and boots are issued to you. you will get three sets starting ocs, and two more upon finishing ocs because the original ones will get trashed.

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Just a hint for your uniforms, ask for EXTRA material for tailoring. You are in great shape at TBS but you will fill out after you leave. Trust me, it helps. Unfortunately, when I got fitted, I was 5'9" @ 145 lbs then 2 years later, I was 6'1"@ 195lbs. You can make up for girth but not height. I hated being a late bloomer but I had to buy another blues top, alpha top and dress white top. Another 1,000 to uniforms. Most of the uniforms are precut but it can be requested. Semper, Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMCR

ghost_ttu

Frumby KNOWS that I agree that 4 inches would be worth $1,000 bucks!!!!

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Simple, I was on the starve and study plan in college. I guess it stunted my growth or put it into hibernation. When I started eating 3 squares and PTing in TBS and flight school, I shot up and out. Unfortunately, I'm approaching 40 and I have to fight to stay trim. I did promise myself that if I am selected for LtCol on this coming board, I will buy me a new set of blues and Alpha's so I'm going to be heading for the exchange like some of you. By the way, your Mess Dress uniform is a little more then $1100. Major is a nice promotion but what an expensive uniform. Looks damn good though!
By the way, are they issuing the new cammies at TBS? Are the new deserts out in the fleet yet? Just curious, I need to get about 4 pairs of the new cammies before I go to CAX in June. Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMCR

splendid_splinter

HMLA flyer
sir, what are the regulations on wearing the mess dress? at this past ball, i saw more than a few majors wearing blue alphas... which, by the way, i feel look much, much nicer than the ritzy, frenchy looking mess dress.. who wants to look like a french officer?

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
They are not issuing the new cammies at TBS; however, they are issuing the new cammies at OCS. OCS started issuing them this past summer.

OooRahhhh...CAX!!!! I did 3 CAX and loved them. Some of the best training, other than on deployments, was at CAX. Will you be flying or Ops, sir? What a time to go to...June...
Drink a beer at the Warriors Club for me.

Lt Bailey

splendid_splinter

HMLA flyer
lt bailey's on here early today.. let me guess. sitting in your room waiting to get secured..? logged alot of laptop/rack ops in that beautiful 2-3 hours after the last event and before some jackass would yell, "We're Secured" doen the hall. towards the end of tbs when yo want to start f'ing with people, you can yell that out and slip back into your room without anyone knowing it's you.. then watch the frustration build on the billet holder.. another good one is to walk into peoples rooms when you know they're in the rack and crisply state, "attention of deck". then laugh your ass off as they **** their pants...

i'm thinking because frumby needs cammies then he's not gonna be flying.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Yeah, good point about the cammies, didn't think of it that way.............long day....

Well splinter, you called it, thats exactly what I'm doing.............waiting on "THE WORD"

gotta love it

"You forgot your fortune cookie"

Dirty Harry

Q-ball

Marine CH-53E Pilot
pilot
That elastic cumber bun can sure hide alot on those mess dress uniforms. It also makes them a whole lot more comfortable to wear.

Q

Marine Helo Pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.