• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

dq at meps for the ang and cant join the navy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't know how the military works. been trying to read up, but it seems im not finding the right info...

i went to the ang and when i was sent to meps and i got DQ'ed for cavities, but i passed everything else.

i had 9 and i got 4 fixed, 3 are kinda big holes and the rest are very light, just starting out.. the worst two the dentist fixed had no root exposure or bleeding. they don't hurt when i eat or drink, they don't cause me any problems at all.

the navy recruiter said i had to get them fixed...

is there anything i can do? can i request a waiver? because i don't have money to get the rest done, my family can't help me either due to lack of funds.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Figure out a way to fix your teeth. On the spectrum of problems that keep folks away from service, yours seems to be a pretty simply one to resolve. Initiative is one very important asset for any servicemember to have, so I suggest you get a little initiative of your own, and develop a plan to earn some $$$ and pay for the dental work. Neither Airwarriors, nor Uncle Sam, is going to pay to fix you up so that you can pass an entrance physical exam.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Many colleges have a cheap dental plan (15 bucks for cleanings, and you paid like 20% for fillings at my college) for their students, you might look into that.

And I would suggest to incorporate a toothbrush, toothpaste, floss and mouthwash into your daily routine.

i don't expect Airwarriors to pay anything, im just looking for advice.

Initiative eh? i live in a small crap hole town, it's really hard to get a job, one big reason why i decided to try the military. so i would have something stable and get my life on the right track...

yea very simple, easy for you to say.. lol

all i hear is the government cares about the ppl and all i see is how they don't. all i see is this sorry about your luck mind set.

makes me wonder if they don't wana help someone wanting to serve this country, then what will it be like when i do get in..

seems uncle sam doesn't wana help anyone, oops i forgot.. if your a fat cat on wall street, you get all the help you need..

O_O

@ sawn:

thanks for the suggestion and the good post..

im flossing and brushing daily.

and im looking in to a dental school , i have to go down there on the 10th..

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I'm not a "fat cat on wall street"......but I am an active duty servicemember, and I can tell you that it took me nearly a decade of hard work on my own part to get where I am now. The military is not a welfare program, nor is it in the business of providing hand-outs to the American public. My *advice* (since that is what you are looking for), is to take responsibility for your life, figure out a way to get paid (that is what most adults do), and when you are physically eligible for service, I'm sure the Armed Forces would be glad to have your service.

i never said you were a fat cat...

when the shit hit the fan them ppl sure as hell got a hand-out didn't they!
ppl are losing their homes, families go with out food and you have vets sleeping in the streets, but ole uncle sam can make sure them ceo's are living good... lol

wow, i think we have a troll here, either that or someone has no life and has to spue his holyer than thou crap.. lol

im happy you get a hard on by making yourself seem better then others... :D

come on here and act like you know someone, like you know what i have been through.. LMFAO

go play in traffic, please, do the world and the military a fav!!

;)

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
i never said you were a fat cat...

when the shit hit the fan them ppl sure as hell got a hand-out didn't they!
ppl are losing their homes, families go with out food and you have vets sleeping in the streets, but ole uncle sam can make sure them ceo's are living good... lol

wow, i think we have a troll here, either that or someone has no life and has to spue his holyer than thou crap.. lol

im happy you get a hard on by making yourself seem better then others... :D

come on here and act like you know someone, like you know what i have been through.. LMFAO

go play in traffic, please, do the world and the military a fav!!

;)

First, you need to settle down. You are speaking with current officers in the U.S. military so a little tact and respect will go a long way here. Second, bitching about something is going to do nothing for you! Remember you will find sympathy between SHIT and SYPHILLUS in the dictionary... You know the problem... Your OR told you what you need done... You need to listen to him/her... FIX IT!... Then you have nothing to worry about! I realize you don't have funds and can't go to family but there is ways to get things done in this world. Loans, having a job that pays for dental and medical, etc... will put yourself in a position to excel not fail. You are looking for an easy way to get this fixed and the only easy way to get something fixed is if you work your ass off to get it done! I'm sorry if I am coming off as a jerk but nobody here can help you. You have a very cut and dry situation. You need to search around by all means possible and get it resolved. Good Luck to you!

First, you need to settle down. You are speaking with current officers in the U.S. military so a little tact and respect will go a long way here. Second, bitching about something is going to do nothing for you! Remember you will find sympathy between SHIT and SYPHILLUS in the dictionary... You know the problem... Your OR told you what you need done... You need to listen to him/her... FIX IT!... Then you have nothing to worry about! I realize you don't have funds and can't go to family but there is ways to get things done in this world. Loans, having a job that pays for dental and medical, etc... will put yourself in a position to excel not fail. You are looking for an easy way to get this fixed and the only easy way to get something fixed is if you work your ass of to get it done! I'm sorry if I am coming off as a jerk but nobody here can help you. You have a very cut and dry situation. You need to search around by all means possible and get it resolved. Good Luck to you!

im not looking for an easy way out... nothing in my life has been easy and i have never been handed anything.

not bitching, just stating facts here...

i give respect when it's given to me, i don't care who the person is or who they think they are. ;)

"will put yourself in a position to excel not fail"

^^ your talking to me like im 12, sell that crap to kids in middle school, they are the only ones that will buy it... ^^

"having a job that pays for dental and medical, etc"

^^ if i had this, i wouldn't join the military... i would go back to school and better my self that way. ^^

i can't get a loan, thank to helping my mom out, now my credit is shit... also thanks to her i have no car. what a wonderful life.. lol

"I'm sorry if I am coming off as a jerk"

^^ no biggie, you all are just like that, you can't help it. ^^

"Thread closing in 3..2..1.. "

^^ hey look, we have a post whore. you know them post numbers don't make your dick any bigger, it will always be alittle shrimp. lol ^^

"So exactly what is the answer you are hoping to find here? "

^^ how about alittle advice or a point in the right direction or just saying, there is nothing you can do but get it fixed? you know, with out the holyer than thou bullshit and acting like you know me and what im going through.. ^^

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Sometimes it's just too easy ...

PERMA-BANNED & CLOSED.

teethanduncle.jpg

lol, give neg rep.. what are you all 5yrs old...

i code & design for shits and giggles, but im dumb.. lol

bet you shits dont even know what mysql is with out searching google.. LMFAO

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just when it was getting good. :-(.

Ol' snaggletooth was good fun for a bit.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
O.K. ... beware what you ask for, but if you like watchin' train wrecks ... or your dark secret is you really wanted to be a dentist ... re-opened.

You may close when you are ready, Gridley.

Happy New Year.

teethbracessmall.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.