• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Downloading NATOPS

Pags

N/A
pilot
Don't you have to print out a certificate and get your command's signature on it, and then mail it back? I seem to remember encountering some type of hurdle like that, and just decided it wasn't worth the pain and admin. Has the process changed?

Yeah, I had to do that. It took maybe 1min to fill out the online requst, 1min to get someone's signature, and 1min to figure out to work the fax machine. The 3min I spent getting that account instead of going home 3min earlier was a great investment. It's come in handy on so many occasions.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I would caution anybody with a downloaded .pdf of a NATOPS that they need to keep their eye out for changes. And much to my amusement, I was approved for a TS/SCI and rejected for an airworthiness account in the same week (though I did eventually talk them into it).

That's the beauty of the download, it has the latest changes in the beginning in message traffic format. It's all in one file.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
I meant subsequent changes - unless you can subscribe to an auto-update feature of some sort?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Ahh, yeah, it would just require you to revisit periodically and see if the change dates/notices have changed. If you were actually using the pub "officially," you hopefully would be getting the change notices from the Natops Officer already.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
They will be updated before - the hardcopies are updated by the users.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Often times, that's how the hard copies get updated (in the fleet). There actually is no such thing as a "hard copy" anymore. The changes aren't official until the message comes out and then it's a matter of pen and inking the hard copy you have. The e-Pub has the message traffic in the front and the actual document is just the original version.

EDIT: Oops, didn't see the above post.

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
Sounds good. Just got approved for an airworthiness account. Yay. I'm a fax away from infinite knowledge. Thanks for all the advice.

ZEM

The harder you try the faster you will die.
Well I'm trying to get an account up and running but I'm stationed at a British Airforce base in Englnd and my command is made up of all brits. So who do I have sing for my command when I fax the paper work up?