• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Double Vision and Recovery

Python

pilot
Contributor
hello.,i have gone throught the post regarding post op lasik problems specially regarding ghosting... i too wanna ask i am 1month 1week pist op lasik and facing the problem of ghosting in my right eye... i am quite worried ..whether it will go away or not.. is it still healing phase... doctor said just wait.. all will be okay.. but still i have the concern nd wanna confirm whether its a temporary problem or might persist forever

I did not have LASIK, I had PRK. My doctor said "just wait" to me a number of times and I started to get impatient with him. However, hindsight being 20/20 (so to speak), he was right. He ended up having the last laugh because it did in fact take a long time to recover. I can't guarantee it will go away...but I would say it could take a long time yet still be temporary. Hopefully your case isn't too severe and you can work through it anyway.

Maddy

t
I did not have LASIK, I had PRK. My doctor said "just wait" to me a number of times and I started to get impatient with him. However, hindsight being 20/20 (so to speak), he was right. He ended up having the last laugh because it did in fact take a long time to recover. I can't guarantee it will go away...but I would say it could take a long time yet still be temporary. Hopefully your case isn't too severe and you can work through it anyway.

Thanks python.... as far as i remember you also faced the same problem and it got resolved within three months or so.. i am noticing as if some shadow is overlapping the real images specially when it comes to seeing a human being images during day lights and that too on a distant images.. images or objects nearby doesnot produce ghosting and the problem is resolved at the night time.Rest my vision is 20/20 in both the eyes... but right eye have this problem and also focussing on very fine lines from near and far.

robsik

Hi Python and others. I really have no business being a member on this board, other than finding it through a google search on double vision and PRK. Python, I am just shy of my 3 month mark on single-eye PRK. I have 20/20, yet I have what I think is severe double vision. I especially have difficulty in the near-range, from 0 to 5 feet. So, working on a work bench with small parts has become very frustrating. Did you have double vision in both eyes? If so, did it affect your near vision? I feel my vision has not changed since after about 2 weeks, just stagnating and not improving. What's worse is that the doc can not explain it and says it is very rare in his practice to take more than 2 months to fully stabilize. Traffic lights at night, and dashboard icons are almost unrecognizable, just smears. Thanks for hearing me out.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hi Python and others. I really have no business being a member on this board, other than finding it through a google search on double vision and PRK. Python, I am just shy of my 3 month mark on single-eye PRK. I have 20/20, yet I have what I think is severe double vision. I especially have difficulty in the near-range, from 0 to 5 feet. So, working on a work bench with small parts has become very frustrating. Did you have double vision in both eyes? If so, did it affect your near vision? I feel my vision has not changed since after about 2 weeks, just stagnating and not improving. What's worse is that the doc can not explain it and says it is very rare in his practice to take more than 2 months to fully stabilize. Traffic lights at night, and dashboard icons are almost unrecognizable, just smears. Thanks for hearing me out.

Paging @Python1287

Python

pilot
Contributor

Yes I did have the double vision in both eyes, but in one of the eyes it was worse than the other. As far as near vision, I didn’t have any issues with that. The bluriness was only with distance vision and was a result of the double vision. So I’m sorry to say I can’t help you with the near vision issue. I’d still recommend you be patient. It took 3 months for my issues to resolve, and they happened abruptly overnight. I literally went to sleep one day on spring break, and then woke up the next morning and the issues were resolved. No idea how it happened. It just took patience. Hang in there!

jointhelocalizer

pilot
Did anyone experience a drop in vision? I was 20/20 at my 1 month Post Op and now I've been seeing subjectively a bit worse the past few days? Could this just be the fluctuation most people get?

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Did anyone experience a drop in vision? I was 20/20 at my 1 month Post Op and now I've been seeing subjectively a bit worse the past few days? Could this just be the fluctuation most people get?

How far post surgery are you? My eyes settled out at 20/25 a year post PRK (they were 20/15 immediately after the operation). My doctors told me it's not uncommon for that to occur.