• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Double Standard??

"Quality"Spread

Got a d'oozy of a question for anyone who can shed some insight to the Navy's anthro policies/standards. My wife wanted to get an air contract with the Marine Corps so she could have a shot at the single anchor. She got measured and subsequently anthro'd out of the possibility of being a Pilot. On the other hand, she meets the standards and requirements of being anthro qualled as an NFO. How can this be?? As an NFO, you currently fly the T-6 at Sherman and then move on to riding shotgun in the T-45C if you select strike fighter. Why can a person who is not anthropometrically qualified to manipulate the controls as a Pilot (ie: Primary/ADV) be anthropometrically qualified to manipulate the controls of a T-6 in the early stages of NFO training. As I understand it, you even get to solo the thing. If someone can answer me this, I would greatly appreciate it. Havnt gotten an answer yet.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Got a d'oozy of a question for anyone who can shed some insight to the Navy's anthro policies/standards. My wife wanted to get an air contract with the Marine Corps so she could have a shot at the single anchor. She got measured and subsequently anthro'd out of the possibility of being a Pilot. On the other hand, she meets the standards and requirements of being anthro qualled as an NFO. How can this be?? As an NFO, you currently fly the T-6 at Sherman and then move on to riding shotgun in the T-45C if you select strike fighter. Why can a person who is not anthropometrically qualified to manipulate the controls as a Pilot (ie: Primary/ADV) be anthropometrically qualified to manipulate the controls of a T-6 in the early stages of NFO training. As I understand it, you even get to solo the thing. If someone can answer me this, I would greatly appreciate it. Havnt gotten an answer yet.
NFO's do not solo. It has to do with being able to reach the controls yes....does their formula make sense to me, no.....

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Could be also that she's anthro'd into only one pipeline as a pilot, which is to say she's anthro'd out of all the pipelines.

Perhaps it turns out that the ONE pipeline she anthros into is jets. NFO's only get jets in the Marine Corps. See where I'm going with this? I think that's one of the sanest answer you'll get (from a layperson with about zero days experience, I defer to aviators and docs) without getting into front seat vs back seat sizes.

So she's anthro'd into getting two anchors. Sounds like a deal to me.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
It's not just manipulating controls. There are many considerations in the anthro measurements. The NFO requirements on the chart are less restrictive than the pilot requirements. This would have to do with their (anthro people) determination based on cockpit design. There are many people that anthro out of pilot and are not restricted from NFO, sitting height and bkl are the most common factors. Where did you ever hear that an NFO solos a T-6? Quite possibly the most uninformed gouge I've heard . . .