• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DOR Reapplying For Pilot

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The “DQ” isn’t anything secretive, I should’ve included it in my post. It’s a freckle in the back of one of my eyes. The doctor giving me the physical said word for word “it’s technically a disqualifying factor” and then said not to worry but all I heard was “disqualifying” and got very nervous. After looking into it a lot more it seems to be a fairly common thing

I had something like that on my eye exam a year before I retired. They ran me through the blinky light insanity dome and I didn't have any sight loss. The next year right before I retired, I asked a different eye doc about it and she said she saw it, but wasn't worried about it, both because there wasn't any change in vision and because the previous doc was very thorough. She said it was probably due to an impact to the head earlier in life, which I thought was interesting.

buttburner69

Why all the hand-wringing? Nobody here is going to be able to give you an assessment of what your chances of success will be.

If you want to reapply, just fucking do it.
I'm already applying, pretty much done with the process, just waiting for the board. I was just wondering if anyone had any knowledge on what to expect ?

buttburner69

I had something like that on my eye exam a year before I retired. They ran me through the blinky light insanity dome and I didn't have any sight loss. The next year right before I retired, I asked a different eye doc about it and she said she saw it, but wasn't worried about it, both because there wasn't any change in vision and because the previous doc was very thorough. She said it was probably due to an impact to the head earlier in life, which I thought was interesting.

That sounds similar to mine, she said something about the possibility of it turning into cancer like a freckle on your skin could but also that it’s fairly common.

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
BB69,

I just wanted to pop in and tell you that should you be picked up again and report to OCS and actually "meet" staff this time, your class team will already know what you did once before, so be physically and mentally prepared for that. Don't let it surprise you, though you shouldn't be surprised, considering. You need to give them 99 reasons to ignore the 1 reason you made a piss poor decision before, and don't expect it to be easy.

buttburner69

BB69,

I just wanted to pop in and tell you that should you be picked up again and report to OCS and actually "meet" staff this time, your class team will already know what you did once before, so be physically and mentally prepared for that. Don't let it surprise you, though you shouldn't be surprised, considering. You need to give them 99 reasons to ignore the 1 reason you made a piss poor decision before, and don't expect it to be easy.

Good to know, I’m sure they’ll make it a terrible experience for me haha. To be honest I’d be ecstatic to be accepted so I’m glad you reminded me about that. Quitting isn’t an option even if I’m NPQ’ed. Thanks for the advice I appreciate it

FinkUFreaky

pilot
Good to know, I’m sure they’ll make it a terrible experience for me haha. To be honest I’d be ecstatic to be accepted so I’m glad you reminded me about that. Quitting isn’t an option even if I’m NPQ’ed. Thanks for the advice I appreciate it
Have a good reason for what you did back then. Don't let it repeat. Don't swear the oath for pilot or NFO training if you aren't willing to accept and embrace the platform you get given.