• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DOR POLICY FOR USMC OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTodd

Hey man I hope you did not DOR and now wanna go back, right now our country is in a world of hurt and we (country) needs as many hard chargining canidates as they can find, a branch will not look at you right now if you DOR'd in the past. Best thing to do is Enlist than go ocs.

GTodd

Hey slasher you and me are in the same spot, the gouge is that as long as you show them that you are good to go, same pft or better, and have used what ever you broke actively than you should go back, but there is always that should.

reapergm

I wont lie to all you Airwarriors. Im a hardcharger.. but Im Nasty right now. I went out till 4am with my girlfriend last night, slept until 130pm today, then fell back asleep at 3pmto 6pm for alittle nap. I accomplished absolutely nothing, wasted all of my day away, and ate NY pizza for dinner.. and am completely satisfied in doing so!!! OORAH!! KILL!!

(Gym starts tomorrow)

Glen

Hey,

You need a break Lt, and you doing just that. Just don't get too nasty. STAY HARD. STAY MOTO!!!!!! OORAH WARDOG

corpsocgmu

Marine Officer
pilot
Prior to leaving for OCS, I was having lunch with a family friend who is a retired Marine Colonel. During the course of discussion, the subject of dropping came up and he told me of his time as an OSO about the various reasons for dropping. The concensus between us was that unless you were seriously injured, there was no reason to leave OCS any earlier than graduation day.

If you entertain any thoughts that DORing will get you out of there immediately, you are sorely incorrect. I can recall seeing the same candidates wandering around OCS for up to a week after deciding to leave their platoons. You'll just be sitting there for a few more days, probably regretting your decision to leave, despite the fact that there is nothing you can do to reverse it.

OCS will be the toughest challenge in your life as yet, but there is nothing that you cannot take for 6-10 weeks. You will come out all the better for the experience, and not just that, you will come out with the designation of an Officer of Marines. One of my friends at OCS dropped as soon as he could, and I could not for the world understand why. Don't allow this to happen to yourself. Accept that the training will get into your head at some points and make you wonder why you ever volunteered for this unique hell. Just keep your head in it, suck it up, remember why you decided to come here, and carry out the training. Good luck and get some!

Kill

JDawg2332

Getting some since 1775
reapergm said:
I wont lie to all you Airwarriors. Im a hardcharger.. but Im Nasty right now. I went out till 4am with my girlfriend last night, slept until 130pm today, then fell back asleep at 3pmto 6pm for alittle nap. I accomplished absolutely nothing, wasted all of my day away, and ate NY pizza for dinner.. and am completely satisfied in doing so!!! OORAH!! KILL!!

(Gym starts tomorrow)
Anyone seen Office Space??
"I did absolutly nothing, all day, and it was everything I thought it would be"

Status
Not open for further replies.