• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dont know what to do....

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonG

HEY GUYS. Im in AFROTC right now. Seems to me that in order to get a slot with the AF I need to be a stellar ROTC Cadet, 3.5GPA in a Tech major,and other things (Tests, Flight hours etc.) I dont have time to visit the ROTC school ( Im cross-towned). Seems I should do the BDCP. I want to be an officer but I do want to fly. I wont accept maintenance officer or something other than "front seat". I respect the Navy and AF. Just prefer to fly JETS so AF it is :) but Ill just as easily switch to Navy if I can get a flight seat :) Any opinions? Suggestions? Oh and yes the Guard is awesome but even more competitive than AF/Navy. My GPA is a strong 2.5 :( Havent taken any tests but did poorly on the SATS. Im determined as heck though and am bright. Just slacked in college early years.

Thanks,
Jason

SNA Russell

JasonG - Regarding switching to the Navy: talk to your local Navy Officer Recruiter. He or she will run you through a few tests. Depending on the results of those, you will be able to pick a designator. When I got accepted for Pilot, I had a 2.9 GPA. Your 2.5 sounds a little low, but talk to a recruiter.

Rory

Jack

Jason - I've posted this before, but it seems like it may be relevant again here. I had a 2.6 in Political Science, got a pilot slot and am in the Navy jet pipeline.

just my two cents.

jack

jec

Status
Not open for further replies.