• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Done with USAA...and advice...

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
And if memory serves me ... that's as good as it gets with USAA & firearms.

I just got 8k of coverage for my firearms through USAA... though I need to call them and confirm that the scopes etc are covered by regular, otherwise I'll need to up that another couple thousand...

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The coverage limit says:

6. 2000$ for loss by theft of firearms.

No further definition is given.

Then you may have a shot on this. Has USAA officially denied your claim in writing or are you still in the telephone phase with the adjuster and he/she is giving you the "heads up" this all isn't covered? Have you submitted a "proof of loss" document?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I just got 8k of coverage for my firearms through USAA... ...
Maybe they're wising up. I tried several years ago and it was a hard limit -- very low dollar amount and not worth the time. The NRA offered better policies.

Do you remember, off the top of your head, what the cost/$1000 was for the USAA policy you just bought ??? Was it high value personal property ??? If you don't remember -- I can call 'em.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
^ I can recommend that as well ... it still costs a lot, but that's the breaks of Naval Air ... as we used to say ....

MasterBates

$62 a year for $3100 of guns

Guns listed by model and serial numbers.

"Guns: Guns and their accessories"

I will be calling USAA to add a couple more when I take possession of my new AR's next week.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Maybe they're wising up. I tried several years ago and it was a hard limit -- very low dollar amount and not worth the time. The NRA offered better policies.

Do you remember, off the top of your head, what the cost/$1000 was for the USAA policy you just bought ??? Was it high value personal property ??? If you don't remember -- I can call 'em.

It was $134 for a year. But when you think about it, the best insurance, is still a gun safe. Less than 500 bucks can change some guys mind away from my weapons... and towards my roommate's big screen.

Also... I got 100k in blanket liability insurance from USAA. Covers anything from me running over a toddler with a shopping cart to someone taking one of my guns and going on a rampage. And all my fancy new insurance, being in VA, costs less than just renters and car in Pensacola.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Then you may have a shot on this. Has USAA officially denied your claim in writing or are you still in the telephone phase with the adjuster and he/she is giving you the "heads up" this all isn't covered? Have you submitted a "proof of loss" document?

The adjuster gave me the verbal "heads up". They can't deny the whole claim because the firearms arent the only thing that was stolen. It is on the same claim with my computer, jewlery etc...

We have given them the proof of loss doccument. In fact we gave that to them on the 16 of July...further reason that they are infuriating me. This claim is taking forever!! I had never had a problem...but I'm getting my years of karmah back in spades.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
^^ understand your frustration. I think they have 60 days to pay or deny based on the date the proof of loss was received. If you are going to pursue a further claim against them, or pursue a bad faith claim, there is a whole bunch of contractual crap that has to be completed (3 party arbitration, forms, yada yada...). Long haul.