• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Doing away with IFS?

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
* Cessnas and solos.

Please be a part of a new generation of junior officers who know when and when not to use an apostrophe, even if your parents' generation failed to teach you how.

But seriously- congratulations on successfully passing in the academics. Some college courses are easier, others are harder, but preflight academics is a lot of concepts in a shot time and the academic environment is rather different. As you've just seen, some otherwise successful people can't/won't/don't pick it all up in the time allotted.

plosky1

None
Haha oof, and an English major on top of that... glad my pre-flight briefs are done through speaking and not in writing ?.

It was weird because it didn’t feel super hard, but we still had a pretty high attrition rate. There’s also a lot of stuff in flux still that’s being changed, with some of the study material having to be rewritten due to errors.

Instructors were awesome though and really showed their love throughout the whole thing.

Python

pilot
Contributor
* Cessnas and solos.

Please be a part of a new generation of junior officers who know when and when not to use an apostrophe, even if your parents' generation failed to teach you how.

But seriously- congratulations on successfully passing in the academics. Some college courses are easier, others are harder, but preflight academics is a lot of concepts in a shot time and the academic environment is rather different. As you've just seen, some otherwise successful people can't/won't/don't pick it all up in the time allotted.

Calling him/her out on English skills?

flgator92

None
edit: forgot to mention there will be no solo's.
That kind of sucks, to be honest. It was the one of the last opportunities for NFOs in the Navy to get a paid solo. I know I enjoyed mine. Too bad. The solo requirement kind of made IFS worth it to me.

Dontcallmegump

pilot
Just finished the academics phase of NIFE. Three weeks wasn't fun for academics but it wasn't too hard. We had it easier for stuff like Aero but harder for Nav and Weather.

Gonna be flying Cessna's next with SkyWarrior. IFS/API's last class also graduated today.

As for class attrition, we started with 39? and ended with 30.

edit: forgot to mention there will be no solo's.

Nearly 25% loss?

How does that breakdown to attrites/DOR (if any) and people rolling back a class?

Astro_Rekt

Will all my hand-me-down API study material still be applicable? I'm assuming so, but with how much shorter academics are, I'm curious.