• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

does the uscg provide flight instructors to the training commands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
re:"I'd prefer that you adhere to the established rules and norms of the forum, Flaps. If you post a link, have something to say. If you ask a question, make sure a new thread is actually required."

what established norm was violated by the original post in this thread?

also, does a comment like,

"I think there's a stupid questions thread around here someplace.",

comply with established norms?

imho, a thorough search before starting a post is a PITA. if i don't remember it, its not recent. was there a recent question similar to the original post in theis thread?

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
re:"Use your Capitalization button as well... It's "I" not i, and "Coastie" not coastie..."

will try, spanky. but like a lot of folks i know, i rarely use the caps button.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Are 27 and 28 still non-USCG? As an aside, two of the best IPs I remember from 31 were Coasties, one was a hardass (but Santa on the gradesheet), the other was a velvet hammer (but still super cool).
I remember them! The tall CG ogre like individual loved to bust on students, I remember an event where he was barking at me in the plane. I decided I had "enough" of his sarcasm, and gave him some of my own... "At least I am not dressed like a god-damn SMURF!"... I hear this intake of breath from behind me from my FAM partner, and the CG instructor just starts laughing "You and I are going to get along just fine!"... One of the best instructors I had in Advanced, really pushed you to your limits, but took the time to explain and make you a better pilot.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I remember them! The tall CG ogre like individual loved to bust on students, I remember an event where he was barking at me in the plane. I decided I had "enough" of his sarcasm, and gave him some of my own... "At least I am not dressed like a god-damn SMURF!"... I hear this intake of breath from behind me from my FAM partner, and the CG instructor just starts laughing "You and I are going to get along just fine!"... One of the best instructors I had in Advanced, really pushed you to your limits, but took the time to explain and make you a better pilot.

Yep, the ogre guy was a bear, but if you had your briefs and comms wired, he laid off, even with normal SNA ham-hands (flew my first PAR with him, expected to get slammed on the debrief, actually came out above'd and went to South Padre to party). The other guy (Rocko?) was a former USN rescue swimmer, super smooth, then hit you with the Night Jams DJ voice in the debrief. No pink sheets, but he was a stickler. Still, they both made a major impression, even 13+ yrs later.

Status
Not open for further replies.