• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

does the uscg provide flight instructors to the training commands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
I'm alsmost positive they had some CG guys in Multi advanced. VT-31 if memory serves.

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
Yes, there are many Coasty IPs at the HTs. I am going through the HITU with one who was Army trained. Supposedly, there are some former Army Coasties at North Field too.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think there's a stupid questions thread around here someplace.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I flew with a coastie IP a bunch of times at Whiting in VT-2. I may have flown with him more than my on-wing.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
There are. In the 2007-2011 time frame there were even more than usual due to the glut of DCO transition dudes and gals. Lots of newly minted JGs.

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
i had been asked by another old marine RIO. not likely we would have come across any coastie pilot instructors in our pipeline..... although i suppose a coastie could have been assigned to fly t-39's or even (in our case) bugsmashers.
we're getting ready for our 45 year quantico reunion.
shit, we're so old we're not sure there even WAS a coast guard when we went through. :)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think there's a stupid questions thread around here someplace.
Flaps, I've addressed this issue with you a number of times in private via PM. Starting a new thread every time a new idea pops into your head or each time you see a groovy video or link on the interwebs isn't necessarily the best thing to do. If you post a new thread or link, have something to say, otherwise, you're going to have it deleted.

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
do what ever you think you need to do, brett.
if you'd prefer, i'll just exit the forum.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Are 27 and 28 still non-USCG? As an aside, two of the best IPs I remember from 31 were Coasties, one was a hardass (but Santa on the gradesheet), the other was a velvet hammer (but still super cool).

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'd prefer that you adhere to the established rules and norms of the forum, Flaps. If you post a link, have something to say. If you ask a question, make sure a new thread is actually required.

Status
Not open for further replies.