• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Does it really take up to 8 months?

Status
Not open for further replies.

palmettoguy4519

Once you are selected for 0CS, how long does it normally take until your class starts? Does it differ depending on what school your going to? I am going supply.
thanks guys!

JCurl

I found out in October that my date was July 31. Definately more than 8 months. My recruiter hinted that your designator can determine the wait, but I'm not totally sure.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Designator counts. Since SNFO/SNA is so popular, they're not going to send an entire class of 50 through, all one designator. Supply is currently over end strength in the JO ranks (so I've heard), so if there's a lot of people applying supply, that may lengthen the wait.

Random_Guy

Mr. Nelson
I got selected end of March (03/30) and am placed in the November 13th class. Only 7 1/2 months... 213 days today...

I was selected for Crypto, and it's a relatively small community so that might explain the wait for me.

palmettoguy4519

JCurl said:
I found out in October that my date was July 31. Definately more than 8 months. My recruiter hinted that your designator can determine the wait, but I'm not totally sure.

Who is your designator? is that your recruiter? Is Supply really fat in the ranks?
I have a 3.0, good rec., 45 on the astb(which sucks), and I graduate in May(04) in history (age 22) :graduate_ , what are my chances honestly.
once again thanks

lotsoquestions

Saliorman, have you applied yet, or are you just trying to figure gather more info? If you're just trying to gather some more info, it sounds like we're in the same boat. I graduate this may as well, double major in econ and gov, 3.3 GPA. Haven't taken the ATSB yet.....haven't even decided what I'm going to do (I go to a school where fat paying finance jobs basically fall off trees for someone with my credentials), but it sounds like we have some of the same questions. If you want send me a PM and I'll try and give you what info I've found out on whatever q's you have.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
making room at OCS

I don't have any specifics, but yesterday my recruiter told me that they're pushing back BDCP folks so that there will be room for direct accession people at OCS. There's going to be TONS of BDCP people graduating in May. My recruiter has had some people who are graduating in May get their OCS dates moved from June/July timeframe to October or later. This is not just to get people into the next fiscal year, that could be done with an OCS date in mid July (any class graduating after Oct. 1).

So the point of my post is that the BDCP people are getting butted out of the up-and-coming OCS dates so that there will be room to take more direct accession applicants. People who are currently applying for non-BDCP spots should have a wait that is shorter than it otherwise would have been because of all the people getting rolled back. Make sense?

Agent00JP

I waited a year for SNA. Check the Supply detailer page at www.bupers.navy.mil for info on whether they are overloaded. Congress told the Navy they have to get rid of 1800 officers this fiscal year because there are too many.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Isn't it inefficient to have BDCP waiting to go to OCS while direct accession candidates go to OCS? BDCP are getting paid.... direct accession wont get paid till they start....

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
VetteMuscle427 said:
Isn't it inefficient to have BDCP waiting to go to OCS while direct accession candidates go to OCS? BDCP are getting paid.... direct accession wont get paid till they start....

On the surface it doesn't make sense. However, the Navy would rather bump people in BDCP back rather than commission a lot of people, only to have the training pipelines full, so you'll have a bunch of stash ensigns. O-1 pay is more than E-3, so in a sense, the navy is cutting their losses.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Hummmm I guess. I wont be bothered... I will take my 2 grand a month and have an extended vacation after I graduate.

Status
Not open for further replies.