• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Does BDCP = 'Active Duty' or 'Commissioning Program' for USAA loan

blarged

ready
I am looking to set up an account with USAA and they ask whether my current military status is 'Active Duty (Full-time)' or 'Commissioning Program'.

I am thinking that commissioning program would be something of the ROTC flavor, where as BDCP is 'Active Duty (Full-time)'.

Thoughts?

Thanks

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
I am looking to set up an account with USAA and they ask whether my current military status is 'Active Duty (Full-time)' or 'Commissioning Program'.

I am thinking that commissioning program would be something of the ROTC flavor, where as BDCP is 'Active Duty (Full-time)'.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Shouldn't matter. If you select "Active Duty," they'll probably require you to put your rank...and I have no idea if you'd select E5 for that or not. Good ? though...

blarged

ready
sorry for the double post ... but selecting each option brings up the following:

Commissioning Program:
> Merchant Marine Academy
> Naval Academy
> OCS
> ROTC (scholarship)
> ROTC (non-scholarship)

Active Duty (Full-time)
[Since I am an E3 through BDCP, my options would be...]
> E3 Seaman
> E3 Airman
> E3 Fireman
> E3 Constructionman
> E3 Hospitalman
> E3 Dentalman

My guess is I would either be Active Duty (full time) E3 Seaman or Commissioning Program OCS

Thanks!

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
You're an OCSN (Officer Candidate Seaman)

Put E-3 Seaman. Clear as mud?

It'll make your life that much easier.

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
I'm pretty sure I put down OCS. Really I doubt it matters--BDCP is a weird program and they will figure it out.

BTW, does anyone know how/if USAA checks that you're actually in the military? I don't remember having to send them my orders or anything.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
When I joined Navy federal, i know i went with active duty e-3 stuff. Them knowing that your active duty and on a enlisted salary, will play in affect for your applicable rates on credit card limits or loans. I'm also pretty sure that there I put something about BDCP or commissioning program in the application somewhere.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Put active duty.

You're drawing a paycheck, accruing leave, have benefits, and most importantly, have an LES.

That OCS option is for guys who are signing up while at OCS (which at that point they're drawing E-5 pay)

And drop the gay OCSN stuff. You don't have a fucking rate, your paygrade is E-3, leave it at that.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
BDCP = active duty. E-3 unless you've taken advantage of some of the incentive programs. End of story.

blarged

ready
BTW, does anyone know how/if USAA checks that you're actually in the military? I don't remember having to send them my orders or anything.

I put Active Duty and all is fine with the world. To answer your comment, Picaroon, I believe they check against some sort of database. I got a call from them yesterday asking if I was Active Duty and what my report date was because I wasn't showing up in their system. I told him I had just sworn in on Wednesday. The answer was good enough for him.

SWCS242

SWO in-training
You are an active duty E-3, Seaman.

I am almost positive we have had this conversation before, you are not an officer candidate yet.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
You are an active duty E-3, Seaman.

I am almost positive we have had this conversation before, you are not an officer candidate yet.

yep, very aware were not even indoc candi's yet. people ask, im just in the Navy.

pmasters

BDCP = Active Duty. End of story. I just got auto insurance through USAA today. No need to explain BDCP, just say USN E3, you're in the database as such.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Tehnically speaking, you ARE an "Officer Candidate"...now... when you get to OCS, it's a different story. But from a title perspective, based on the program you're in, you're an "Officer Candidate". That's what was on all my info from USAA when I was BDCP.

SWCS242

SWO in-training
That's weird, all of my crap said Non-PO on it when I was filling stuff out. The addressed me as a SN too. Maybe it's OCSN.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
That's weird, all of my crap said Non-PO on it when I was filling stuff out. The addressed me as a SN too. Maybe it's OCSN.

Stop worrying so much about titles. Soon enough, your title will be "shithead", so it's a moot point. :D