• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Does anyone know the story behind this? A-6 ejection

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The YouTube commenters are a bunch of idiots.
listen_to_yourself.png

exNavyOffRec

Since some of this thread talks about the hook coming off, does anyone remember, or were they on the Nimitz when an F-14 caught the round down with the hook? It would have been 1991 and I have tried to find video of it thinking since it was an accident it would be somewhere.

jmcquate

Contributor
Since some of this thread talks about the hook coming off, does anyone remember, or were they on the Nimitz when an F-14 caught the round down with the hook? It would have been 1991 and I have tried to find video of it thinking since it was an accident it would be somewhere.
I'm assuming LOIC LOAR Cut Pass

exNavyOffRec

LOIC = Low In Close
LOAR = Low At The Ramp

I would guess so, I just saw the aftermath, part of the round down was turned up, and the OOD describing how the pilot kept the aircraft airborne after it bounced off the deck and went off the deck in some wonky way. He had to divert to an airfield since the hook was ripped off.