• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Does anyone know of any run clubs that meet regularly around NAS Pensacola

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Can you be a bit more specific? There is more than one NAS in the world.

couell3584

Sorry for not being specific. I meant Pensacola, Nas. I already know about McGuires but I'm looking for a bunch that run a bit longer distance than a 5k. I'd like to find other individuals who are interested in training for a marathon.

emk

Sorry for not being specific. I meant Pensacola, Nas. I already know about McGuires but I'm looking for a bunch that run a bit longer distance than a 5k. I'd like to find other individuals who are interested in training for a marathon.

A lot of the McGuire's members are training for local marathons or have completed several marathons already. Their running route is about a 5k distance--I noticed that several people would run the route twice or more if they were training for a marathon, etc. When I was a member, they were constanstly sending out emails about participating in local marathons, 1/2 marathons so I'm sure you could find a group to train with within the McGuire's club.

gtxc2001

See what the monkey eats, then eat the monkey
pilot
Contributor
Check out Running Wild in downtown Pensacola. I think they know about some groups that run in the area. A guy I know worked there and was always running with a group of guys who did 50k's/marathons/ultra-marathons.

rugby mike

The main gym on NAS Pensacola has a running club that meets 3x a week for marathon training. Just go to the front desk and they will point you in the right direction.