• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

does anyone care about NKO

originalbigjim

I have done 200+ NKO courses does anyone care, it didnt seem to affect my eval, will these help my get into officer programs? i even did all the OCS courses, does anyone have any information about nko besides in the future it will be used for advancement.

originalbigjim

i did them all at work when i 1st got in, classes in boot camp and my cmc said it was the wave of the future and seemed important, all it has done so far is made my smart transcript 10 pages long.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Get in college...forget NKO. I have over 200 NKO courses done as well. About 175 of them took about 10 seconds apiece to do. I am pretty sure that they had absolutely no bearing on my STA-21 slot.

Cordespc

None
Contributor
In large part, NKO is just a newer, more modern way for Sailors to gun deck training. Stick to the courses required by your command, but don't go crazy with it. Doing the OCS courses was a good move, and will show initiative to a board.

FWIW, if I were an officer sitting on an OCS board for a Sailor who had 200 NKO courses in his package, all of which were completed at work, I would have serious questions about his technical proficiency and/or work ethic. Not saying that you're deficient in those areas, it just wouldn't smell right to me.

originalbigjim

well i work in the battery locker at aimd, we have a lot of down time (actually it is mostly downtime), instead of sleeping, i did nkos between college courses and taking cleps, but know what you are saying. I guess ill leave out the part about doing them at work

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Curious...is "NKO" the Navy's equivalent of Marine Corps Institute classes, online and written courses, which run the gamut from "Math for Marines" to "preventative maintenance of 7-ton multipurpose trucks."

Pags

N/A
pilot
Curious...is "NKO" the Navy's equivalent of Marine Corps Institute classes, online and written courses, which run the gamut from "Math for Marines" to "preventative maintenance of 7-ton multipurpose trucks."
most NKO seems to consists of stuff that was once GMT and is now on the internet. i've only used it for information assurance forms and sere level B crap. i think there's also some training on there for the M4 and M11 that i've done. most of what i've seen is the equivalent of a powerpoint that needs to be clicked through, with a standard navy multiple choice test at the end plus a diploma for each course that you can print out and frame.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
NKO for the Navy is, for lack of a better word, useless. Yea, I said it. Now, the Army's version of NKO rocks. The Navy would serve itself well if it followed the Army's model.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What's the site?
Curious, but why would an Air Force guy want to know about the Army NKO site, a site that has no bearing on the service in which he currently belongs and also has nothing to do with the service in which he is trying to transfer into. I'm confused.