• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dodmerb

jtellez

I've recently been qualified by dodmerb for my 4 year scholarship. I need to get my wisdom teeth taken out because previous xrays have shown that they will come in crooked, basically my dentist said he can do it whenever and as long as it doesn't hurt me I dont need to have it done. I have decided I wanna just get it done with because I dont want to worry about my teeth hurting in the middle of the school year so I wanna have it done before i goto vmi.

My question is how big of a deal is getting wisdom teeth removed in conjunction to dodmerb? I emailed them asking what i'll need to do for them, like send them information or xrays or something like that but they havent responded back yet. Will dodmerb make a big deal out of this, becuase if so I dont wanna mess with my qualified medical stauts, and i'll just leave this alone for now.

Shakey

I'm talkin, G-5...!
pilot
Congrats on the scholarship! They'll have you doped up on Vicodin pain killers for a week for two at the most. No doubt it will suck big time, but I don't think they'll care. A lot of people have this done, so it shouldn't matter at all. Just the same, run it by the docs or your new unit if you want.

jtellez

Thanks. Yeah well tommorow Im just gonna call dodmerb up and tell them about it, hopefully they wont make a big deal outta it, and i'll be all set for starting school next month.

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
Yeah, don't bother telling DODMERB anything. Just get it done. They're not going to care. Enjoy the painkillers!

jtellez

I shouldnt tell them about it? They sent me a letter saying I gotta inform them whenever any serious illness or medical or dental procedure occurs, in case it can change my qualification status.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I shouldnt tell them about it? They sent me a letter saying I gotta inform them whenever any serious illness or medical or dental procedure occurs, in case it can change my qualification status.
Then why are you asking us? You have the answer right there in the letter. Getting wisdom teeth pulled is a fairly common procedure. I seriously doubt this will change your qualification status. If I were you, I'd talk to the folks at DODMERB and see if they think this will affect your status. If you're uncomfortable with the answer you get, then wait until you get into school. After that, you'll just need to worry about your commissioning physical. If you get your wisdom teeth pulled now, follow their directions and inform them.