• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DoD to propose cutting Corps from 202k to 182k

sodajones

Combat Engineer
Plus you could be stationed in my beloved home state of Oregon. :D

Brett
< Oregon, born and raised.

Typing this from a warm and blue sky Portland. You're missing out on the best weather Oregon has had since I can remember.

@Gator,

I'm just a dumb, young buck so I'll have to take your word for it. At least, at the end of most days, I'll have a shower and a comfortable place to sleep.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Awesome. Maybe my subconscious knew that. :D Astoria would be an amazing place to be stationed. Seems like every time I install myself in one of the bars there, I'm striking up a conversation with a USCG member.

Brett

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
<

@Gator,

I'm just a dumb, young buck so I'll have to take your word for it. At least, at the end of most days, I'll have a shower and a comfortable place to sleep.

Please don't take my post as a dig on the CG or your desire to be part of it. I was just making a humorous (or so I thought) comment on what I've seen. I've seen a lot of boardings where the poor LEDET was trying to go through the compartments and not having "fun" because of the sea state and fantastic fish smell. I've always been glad I wasn't over there having to deal with that, but I respected that they were.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
;) Army WO is about as GP as you can get in the aviation community.

I won't tell the stories here, but suffice it to say, you can be a Captain 4 months from retirement (prior enlisted) and still get dressed down with the rest of the company grade ("group learning") right alongside the nuggets and the guy who actually fucked up. We are all GP until field grade.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
When you're field grade, you gain problems. They're just different. As the sage P Diddy said, "Mo' money, mo' problems."

Before, you got bitched at for your stupid company grade problems/drama, i.e. yourself. Get promoted and everyone is your problem. You know why Sgt Shithead got drunk and arrested? I have no idea, either!

MasterBates

I had to deal with those problems (why did SN Snuffy get a 7th DUI, and why did PO3 Bonehead beat his wife) as a LT.

I want some back pay for LCDR if I was not supposed to deal with that shit yet.