• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Doc...Is this a deal breaker?

USAF.Boom

So I was just selected for the 1635 DCO program. If anyone has information on the following, I would GREATLY appreciate it.

I currently have tubes in my ears. I am a current flyer in the ANG but they put the tubes in after I started flying. So the ANG gave me a waiver, but as I said, I was already in. The tubes were for precaution only because they didn't know if it were polyps in my sinuses or my ears. It was my sinuses and they are completely fine now.

I believe that tubes are DQ, but is a waiver available for it? How likely is it? Does anyone know of someone getting a commission in the NR with them?

I could have the tubes removed and surgically repaired, but it would be out of my pocket, plus, would it the allow me in if no waiver is available?

I hate that I have gotten this far and now this is an issue...

Thanks for any info.

Matt
"Lindy"

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Matt,

I think the tubes are DQ also. I've been out of the business for 3 years, although I still keep in touch with some of my peers. Given that, I think your best bet is to call the Physical Qual folks at NAMI. You can find their number at the bottom of the Waiver Guide.

das

Contributor
Matt, that sucks...good luck and hopefully a waiver is available. Don't give up.