• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Do you always get a select letter?

IronDuke

Hello everyone,

This past year I had applied for a naval aviator slot. In November, my recruiter called me and told that I have officially been selected for naval aviation. However, I never received any letter, he simply called and told me that I am now waiting for orders. Is this normal? Should I have received a letter? Any information is helpful. Thank you!

MikeMillerUK

Nearing the end of Primary
Contributor
Hello everyone,

This past year I had applied for a naval aviator slot. In November, my recruiter called me and told that I have officially been selected for naval aviation. However, I never received any letter, he simply called and told me that I am now waiting for orders. Is this normal? Should I have received a letter? Any information is helpful. Thank you!
Yes, this is normal. You have been selected, and as long as you don't get arrested, experience some kind of extreme medical trauma, etc., then you just have to wait for your Final Select letter which will have your official OCS class date.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Your FINSEL letter gets sent to your recruiter/processor VIA CIRIMS. He or she downloads it and should contact you to begin the paperwork/enlistment to OCS. You'll get orders for OCS within a few weeks to a few days of shipping out.