• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Do the selection boards accept late packets?

jhaselti

For instance ive been trying to hit the oct 18th deadline for a dec 2 IWC board. I needed an updated eye consult for meps since i had lasik years ago, thats the only thing holding me back and they said they can get the consult in on the 22nd of oct, so its likely the packet will be 1 or 2 weeks late. My recruiter says they have submitted up to a week before board date without issues and they accepted it and i was wondering if other recruiters on here have had similar experiences?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
For instance ive been trying to hit the oct 18th deadline for a dec 2 IWC board. I needed an updated eye consult for meps since i had lasik years ago, thats the only thing holding me back and they said they can get the consult in on the 22nd of oct, so its likely the packet will be 1 or 2 weeks late. My recruiter says they have submitted up to a week before board date without issues and they accepted it and i was wondering if other recruiters on here have had similar experiences?

Sounds like your recruiter answered your question. He can verify if you made it through an at board list.

jhaselti

Well im mainly trying to figure out if this is something other recruiters have experienced as well. Im a tad skeptical since due dates are usually cut off dates. Are these more or less just recommended due dates to account for time it takes to process?

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Standard government squishiness applies to G-limits, Vne, and Board Package cutoff dates. I’d do what you can on your end, submit if your retailer says it can get in, or apply for the next board if it doesn’t work out.

If it’s out of your control, why stress about it?
Pickle

exNavyOffRec

There will be a board after this.

The general rule is if it is late it goes to the next board, some program managers have been sticklers on this.

Just plan to hit the next board and if you get lucky then great, if not you have the other board.

Catman5211

Speaking of the boards.. how do I know if my package has been accepted and is going to the next board. Enlisted member applying here by myself, so no recruiter for me to check to see if I made the board.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
There should be a POC for the board, usually you can find them on the PERS website. If not, make a few polite phone calls until you track down the right person.

scs_mh60

Speaking of the boards.. how do I know if my package has been accepted and is going to the next board. Enlisted member applying here by myself, so no recruiter for me to check to see if I made the board.

Search for the N31 recruiting portal link. Once you get in there, you can find an at-board list if they’ve updated it.

exNavyOffRec

There should be a POC for the board, usually you can find them on the PERS website. If not, make a few polite phone calls until you track down the right person.

I have never known the program managers info to be on a pers site, usually you have to go through the OCS fleet processor for answers for the fleet applicants.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
I have never known the program managers info to be on a pers site, usually you have to go through the OCS fleet processor for answers for the fleet applicants.
shrug probably correct there. I'm just speaking from the anecdotal experience I have with the two boards I applied to for a combined total of nine times. I'm sure those two boards are handled very differently than this, so apologies if I gave bad gouge.

exNavyOffRec

shrug probably correct there. I'm just speaking from the anecdotal experience I have with the two boards I applied to for a combined total of nine times. I'm sure those two boards are handled very differently than this, so apologies if I gave bad gouge.

unfortunately PM's are so busy it is sometimes hard for them to take a call from a recruiter. I give the fleet processors a hard time on here quite a bit, but they will do what they can for the applicants.