• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Do People in the fleet wear shirt stays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

viv

Midshipman 4/Trash
I was under the impression that shirt stays were something that you'd only have to wear if you were in a ROTC,OCS,Academy, or some other kind of training setting. It seems like in the fleet, nobody would really care....

So what's the deal??
And by the way, my legs are probably the hairiest in the forum.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
If your shirt looks all untucked and bloused and sh!tty without them, wear 'em.

VAmookie

but how often do aviators wear anything but flightsuits? Doesnt seem like shirtstays would be all that necessary.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
No, you don't wear Charlies or khakis that often, but when you do, you wear shirt stays, especially in the Marines.

thumper

Everytime I wear a non-flightsuit I wear shirtstays. I don't want to look like a piece of ****. You make the call.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
(snaaaaaa-powwwwwwww-zingggggggg) OWWW

just popped one

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hehehe . . . think I went through a complete set that way during API academics . . .

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
NOOOOO one wears shirt stays in the fleet. I know one guy who wears them, but that's only with his whites.

How hard are they on that shirt stay during API? I'll be headed down there as soons as I get a relief, and, well...they're just dumb.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Road Program said:
NOOOOO one wears shirt stays in the fleet. I know one guy who wears them, but that's only with his whites.

How hard are they on that shirt stay during API? I'll be headed down there as soons as I get a relief, and, well...they're just dumb.

What fleet have you been in before API? :D I know a lot of guys in the "fleet" who wear them, including me. Otherwise, my shirt would look like it was trying to escape from my pants. Now that I will be driving a desk :( , I will have to see how long I can tolerate their daily use. It is not that much effort and it makes you stand out. At least you are not a Marine and wear 6 or 8 of those things, my old roomate had big bald patches on his leg when he wore his Charlie's.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Road Program said:

90% of the officers in my old wardroom wore shirt stays. Those who didn't looked like sh!t and took heat for it from above.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
when i got commissioned my unit XO (NFO) told me that aviators dont wear shirtstays. I took that with a grain of salt though. Still I wear them because i'm one of those guys that looks like trash if i dont have them in.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Exactly. If you're "Harmon Rab" (or whatever....stupid JAG marathon...) you probably don't need them. But if you do, and lets face it, you know if you do...wear them.

Great quote rare21.

"really explore the studio space"

Status
Not open for further replies.