• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Do I stand a chance NROTC Scholorship

izzlenizzle

Good evening gents,

I currently have a little less than 30 credit hours in college. I was looking into different commissioning options since I want to become an officer and serve. I'm really interested in this scholarship and I submitted my application. I just want to know what you guys think...

I'm 21 yrs old, I left high school and received a GED (recruiter says that since I'm in college now this won't be a factor?). In high school I wasn't the greatest student. Now I'm college with over a 3.o gpa and a private pilots license (not that it matters). The truth is that I changed my academic performance after high school. 29 ACT

What do you guys think? Do I have a chance? Have anyone seen similar instances?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What do you guys think? Do I have a chance? Have anyone seen similar instances?

HS/SAT/ACT matters not once you have an established GPA in college. What classes have you completed and what degree are you pursuing? Does it matter, certainly. You are more likely to get a scholarship if you are pursuing a technical degree and have completed some hard classes (Calc, Physics, Bio, etc). If you have a 3.0 GPA in a non tech degree plan and have only completed non-hard classes, I'd say your chances are a bit lower.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
HS/SAT/ACT matters not once you have an established GPA in college. What classes have you completed and what degree are you pursuing? Does it matter, certainly. You are more likely to get a scholarship if you are pursuing a technical degree and have completed some hard classes (Calc, Physics, Bio, etc). If you have a 3.0 GPA in a non tech degree plan and have only completed non-hard classes, I'd say your chances are a bit lower.

I'm studying aeronautical science.

You've asked for an assessment of your chances, but you've not given us enough info to make a complete assessment.

izzlenizzle

The aeronautical science degree does include physics and calculus. However, I have not taken them yet. I've taken Algebra and received an A. Some classes I've taken so far consist of - sociology, physiology, aircraft navigation, aircraft engine systems, aviation weather, aviation history, commercial pilot I, etc. My gpa is 3.3 (should be 3.5-6 after this semester).

exNavyOffRec

The aeronautical science degree does include physics and calculus. However, I have not taken them yet. I've taken Algebra and received an A. Some classes I've taken so far consist of - sociology, physiology, aircraft navigation, aircraft engine systems, aviation weather, aviation history, commercial pilot I, etc. My gpa is 3.3 (should be 3.5-6 after this semester).

much better info now.

keep doing what you are doing, even if NROTC isn't an option if you keep on track you should be a good candidate for OCS, now the benefit of OCS is if you really only want to be in aviation, that is what you apply for