• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DLA-- Authorized?

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord
I PCS'd (SNFO) from USNA last summer. I performed a DITY and was reimbursed at the standard rate for that. I spoke with some Marines who PCS'd down here as well, and they said they received DLA on their move.

JFTR, Chap 5, Sec G says "A member without dependents is authorized DLA when: 1. Relocated ICW a PCS to a PDS where GOV’T QTRS are not assigned." However, it also states that "DLA is not authorized ICW a PCS: 1. From home or from PLEAD to first PDS unless the dependents actually move from the member’s residence to the PDS or designated place ICW the PCS (if the dependents do not relocate to the new PDS, or the member has no dependents, DLA is not authorized from home or PLEAD to the first PDS.)"

My question is, was I authorized DLA? (I did NOT utilize my HOR move after graduation, but instead took the standard Annapolis-Pensacola rate. I do not have any dependents.)

I can't tell if PLEAD means commissioning source or HOR, in this context.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You are not authorized DLA from your commissioning source to your first duty station. Marines went to Quantico as their first duty station, so they got DLA going to P-cola. HOR and HOR moves are a totally different issue.

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord
You are not authorized DLA from your commissioning source to your first duty station. Marines went to Quantico as their first duty station, so they got DLA going to P-cola. HOR and HOR moves are a totally different issue.

Thanks!

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
And something I just learned this last PCS: You can only collect DLA once a year. So if you move twice in the same year, which is very likely going through flight school, you'll have to choose which move you want it for.