• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN Djibouti-what to expect

pascol1

I will be leaving for Djibouti very soon. I am speaking to the person who I will be relieving, and there is a steep learning curve. Does anyone have any words of wisdom while I am down there? I heard that this is a great time to knock out JPME distance learning and some grad school courses online. Is there anyone who deployed over there who does not agree with this?

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What's your billet?

If things haven't changed since I was there in 07-08, yes, there are a lot of guys on CJTF staff with time on their hands. The Camp staff (cuz they're running the base) and the "downrange" activities like CA teams, etc, are a bit busier.

pascol1

Also, this is a joint command. Aside from doing my regular job, if I want to work with other branches and help them, is that encouraged?

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
clu.JPG

pascol1

I am not trying to give off the wrong impression. However, I am trying to transfer into another branch. What kind of awards can a navy JO get over there?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What kind of awards can a navy JO get over there?

Seriously? I presume you've done an active duty tour or two, so I figure that you're up to speed on standard issue EOT awards. Does your inter-service transfer really hang in the balance over a NAM or two?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I am not trying to give off the wrong impression. However, I am trying to transfer into another branch. What kind of awards can a navy JO get over there?
I've got a great idea. Go there, don't suck, and then you tell us what they gave you.

(Hint; you're giving off the wrong impression already)