• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DITY move to IFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

usmcecho4

pilot
Anyone here have any experience/advice/info about the propper moving proceedures in order to get the military to compensate your moving expenses?

kill,
usmcecho4

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
just some general stuff. weight everything empty and full, keep all receipts (gas, oil changes, packing materials) once you get to where you are going, contact personal property. they are pretty good about things (mostly)

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Contact Quantico TMO (Traffic Management Office):
(703) 784-2831

They are the ones you will be dealing with. Oh, and call sometime between 0730 and 1600, but not between 1100 and 1300 (2 hour lunch), and in reality probably not after 1500 (you don't expect them to wait all the way until 4 PM do you?)

PerfectDark

Haven't heard much on what we're supposed to bring to M Co/IFS? Are we supposed to check in in suit? Are there pertinent items we should bring/purchase which our OSOs forget to tell us? Thanks for any advice.

Dustball

2nd LT
As far as stuff I'm bringing I'm just winging it. I figure whatever I don't have we'll have plenty of time in Mike Co to go to town and get it. My OSO really hasn't given me any kind of list and I asked a couple times. I figure if you have your camies and business suit and some money in your account hey your good to go. Yes you do report in a suit and tie. If anyones got any good insight into what were suppose to bring by all means share it with us.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
A suit, A computer, a TV, and several sets of civilian clothes for going out. Of course cammies and other uniforms you may have, sword. If you have your own car, you should be able to fit everything in the car. As long as you follow that rule you will be fine. You are basically moving into freshman dorm room, except fun is replaced with ... accountability.

Status
Not open for further replies.