• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Disqualified for wisdom teeth?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Never heard of wisdom teeth having to be piulled prior to joining but your screening dentist might have thought they may be an issue now which is why they want them pulled now.

I just had an applicant N3M DQ bc of a class 3 dental because of wisdom teeth. Also, I had to get mine taken out in nrotc in order to commission.

MGB001

So I am a recent select for a non-aviation designator. I still have my wisdom teeth but have had no issues because of them. My dentist states that they could come out because they're not really doing me any good but at the same time they aren't currently causing any issues besides making it harder to reach my back teeth when brushing. Will this be an issue at OCS? I have already been given the all clear by MEPS. Should I have this procedure done while I am in Final Select purgatory or should I just wait and see if the dentist wants to take them out in Newport? I'd hate to get up there after this entire process and there be a snafu for a very minor condition such as this.

Bluecore

I still have all 4 of mine, and was medically cleared at MEPS as well. One came through, the other 3 are impacted but have given me zero problems and I am already 27. If they insist I have them out, I guess that's fine, but my life long dentist told me if they haven't caused problems now, they almost certainly won't. I know the military views this issue very differently though :/