• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Display/ "Love Me" Table

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
To anyone interested, I originally got the idea from another board member, Schnugg, to have a coffee table that you can use as a display case. After some significant searching, I found this table from a craftsman in Missouri named Zack (you can see his work at http://www.zstables.com/Home_Page.html) and I've got to say it came out magnificently. I have no relationship to this man, but wanted to give credit where credit is due in case anyone else is interested. The wood, from what I understand, is all locally grown and he clearly selected some excellent cherry for me. He'll take custom orders - as you can see most of the stuff on his website has glass on all four sides and on top and I didn't want that since I'd be moving around so much and he made it exactly how I wanted it. If anyone else is interested, I'd definitely recommend him. (The black sploches are my edits to keep my name and face out of the picture...)

Attachments

• DSC012481.JPG
    DSC012481.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 151

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
To anyone interested, I originally got the idea from another board member, Schnugg, to have a coffee table that you can use as a display case. After some significant searching, I found this table from a craftsman in Missouri named Zack (you can see his work at http://www.zstables.com/Home_Page.html) and I've got to say it came out magnificently. I have no relationship to this man, but wanted to give credit where credit is due in case anyone else is interested. The wood, from what I understand, is all locally grown and he clearly selected some excellent cherry for me. He'll take custom orders - as you can see most of the stuff on his website has glass on all four sides and on top and I didn't want that since I'd be moving around so much and he made it exactly how I wanted it. If anyone else is interested, I'd definitely recommend him. (The black sploches are my edits to keep my name and face out of the picture...)

That looks like some excellent work. If you don't mind me asking, how much did it set you back? If you don't feel like sharing here, feel free to PM me.

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
Not by any stretch of the imagination was I in the Blues - I was stashed there pre-API and figured that I'd put the decal I got there in my table instead of my car, haha! The table itself was about $500 with $90 shipping to Milton. I know that with glass on all 4 sides I was quoted as $425 plus shipping. In the end, it wasn't much more expensive than a good coffee table from a name-brand place and those typically aren't solid cherry nor could I find one that had a display area how I wanted it.

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
Ensign love-me table cracks me up.
Eh, I wanted a place to put the growing number of patches/coins/nametags, etc. I've been getting. Not bragging about anything, just wanted a place to put it all. I'll find out about the glass.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nice! Now to get more Shwag. :)
f0d171cf.jpg

7ea5f8f9.jpg

exNavyOffRec

When I sat on a Chief's Board it was commented that Recruiting Command hands out NAM's like PEZ....

That's right, cheapens it for everyone, I will say of the few awards I have rec'd on recruiting mine were yearly awards and because I was the top in the district, that helped make it seem not as cheap.