• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Disney's Armed Forces Salute

KBayDog

Free admission to Disney theme parks in 2009. (Information on bottom of linked page.)

Very quick summary (check website for full details):
Disneyland:
1. Active/retired military get a free 3-day admission to both Disneyland and California Adventure parks.
2. Can make a one-time purchase of a 3-day admission to both parks for up to five people for the price of a 1-day Park Hopper ticket.
*Through June 12, 2009

Walt Disney World:
1. Active/retired military get a free 5-day Park Hopper admission to the four theme parks, plus a total of five visits to a Disney water park, DisneyQuest, etc.
2. Can make a one-time purchase of a 5-day admission to the parks for up to five people for $99 per ticket (Park Hopper and water park "upgrades" available for $25/ticket).
*Through December 23, 2009

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
This seems like the kind of thing BDCP was made for... nice find.

I like how they point out that you can get this deal in the CG as if somehow members of the CG would think they're not included... is it me or is that kind of dick or at least stupid?

When I clicked this thread I was thinking it would be an article about Disneyland declaring sovereignty and forming its own military.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
When I clicked this thread I was thinking it would be an article about Disneyland declaring sovereignty and forming its own military.

Something like this?

Rioting+Polish+Police%27s+Mickey+Mouse+Uniform+picture%5B4%5D

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Took advantage of this in 01 as an E-1. The guy in front of us was paying through the nose for his family, the four of us just walked up, showed our military ID and got tickets.

Spot

11.5 years and counting boat free
I'll second the Shades of Green recommendation. In fact, we've already booked a few nights since hearing about the Disney deal. I would recommend to book as soon as possible though. Once word of this deal is spread throughout the fleet, I have a feeling that SOG will fill up extremely fast.

Sky-Pig

Retired Cryptologic Warfare / Naval Flight Officer
None
I'll second the Shades of Green recommendation. In fact, we've already booked a few nights since hearing about the Disney deal. I would recommend to book as soon as possible though. Once word of this deal is spread throughout the fleet, I have a feeling that SOG will fill up extremely fast.

In the past, if SOG was full or being renovated, the Disney folks would work with you to arrange lodging at one of their other moderate-priced themed hotels at the SOG price.

It's worth asking the question if you can't get into SOG.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I met my wife while we were drinking our respective ways around the world (in opposite directions) at Epcot. So it holds a special esteem for us. Nice to know that they've brought this program back, as the last time I was there, I got the, "You have to buy your discounted tickets from ITT," dismissal. I recommend going during the first two weeks of October if possible, as the Disney International Food and Wine Festival is underway. LOTS of free booze and chow.